News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Started by DrSuperGood, March 03, 2018, 11:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSuperGood

Ever since the server migration the multiplayer listing server for Simutrans Extended has been unavailable. The standard one has been restarted but the extended one is still offline.

Vladki

I'll check and restart tonight. I probably forgot to set up automatic start.

jamespetts

Vladki - thank you for looking into this, and thank you for reporting the issue, Dr. Supergood.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

Still offline. Not sure if due to local (ISP) DNS update failure or not.

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

I couldn't connect to the listing server (and neither to this forum) due to some DNS problems. I'll try tonight again.

Vladki

The server is OK. Everything worked and was autostarted. The problem is just, that the DNS name points to wrong IP address. I have already sen PM to Isaac, so it is now up to him.

The server can be used to host network games. If you want to compare (performance, lag, disconnects,...) with other servers, just send me a savegame (pak128.Britain-ex or pak128.Sweden-ex).
It has an automatic nightly update of both paksets and server binary. What about the new Bridgewater-Brunel game or the Canterbury-Whitstable game?

DrSuperGood

The server needs to be accessible from its domain name so Simutrans Extended will load the multiplayer game list from in game. The Simutrans Extended multiplayer servers will then need to restart so as to register their game with it. James server does this @~6AM UK time as part of its nightly update procedure so should appear within 24 hours.

jamespetts

Thank you for looking into this. I am not sure what the problem might be with this, but do keep us updated as to the progress. Thank you for organising the server, in any event.

DrSuperGood

Listing server still is down. Seeing how it is important for smooth joining of multiplayer games this is kind of bad.

jamespetts

This is indeed unfortunate. Vladki - have you heard from Isaac on this, may I ask?

Vladki

Isaac fixed the DNS in friday, but the server process died in the meantime... Now it is up and running again.

jamespetts

DrSuperGood

jamespetts