News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Citylist: all large cities in Europe

Started by moblet, August 09, 2011, 07:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moblet

Well, hopefully all. 448 cities from a Wikipedia list of cities with population above 100,000.

Emil Sawicki

Simutrans supports Unicode, so you should write eg. Székesfehérvár instead of "Szekesfehervar". Am I right?
Next: ŁódĽ instead of ?ód? (in game Łódź), Wrocław instead of Wroc?aw. I think it's no problem, if you are copying names from Wikipedia.
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

moblet

Argh! I see what you mean. I just tried saving it a couple of different ways but can't get Simutrans to read the names properly, even when they show up fine in a text editor.

The original list is here, and attached is a text file saved in Unicode format. Anyone got a method that works?

prissi

Simutrans only uses unicode on some laguages. Westen europe (latin1) is not using it.

For using unicode, you need to start the file by § and use a language with unicode ...

Emil Sawicki

QuoteFor using unicode, you need to start the file by § and use a language with unicode ...
What it means? What should I do?
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

An_dz

It means that the first character inside the .tab needs to be a §.
Ex.: Open Japanese file, jp.tab, to check.

inkelyad

I have a question:
Why Unicode not used for all text resources? It is not like latin1 text can't be translated to it.

prissi

Because simutrans was started to be developed before Unicode was properly supported by any major desktop OS.