News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

If you click on this bus stop (which is circled), the game will crash

Started by fam621, December 17, 2017, 02:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

Hi James, this is me again. This time this is a crash which I discovered this morning (Sunday). It seams to be that, if you click on this bus stop (which is circled), the game will crash. Can you look into this issue for me please? Thank you, fam622. Link to the map: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/TEST.sve.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this: I cannot see the image (is it hosted on Imagur? As explained before, I am unable to see any images hosted on Imagur for some reason). Trying to click on all the 'bus stops visible when the game is loaded with the inspection tool did not result in any crash. Was it with the inspection tool that clicking causes the crash? If not, it is very important that you specify precisely which tool that you are using, or else it is impossible to reproduce the problem.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Heres a screenshot of the exact tile of crash. I never uploaded it. Sorry!

jamespetts

I tried clicking on that with the inspection tool, and there was no crash. Was it with the inspection tool that you were clicking on this tile or some other tool?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Quote from: fam621 on December 17, 2017, 04:26:27 PM
It was the delete tool

Please always specify what tool that you used, or else I shall have no hope of being able to guess.

In any event, this bug is a little complex. It is caused by reducing the station coverage area after the game has started, which I notice that you had done (from the default of 16 to 12). What happens is that, when you delete a stop, tiles in the old coverage area remained marked as being connected to the stop, but the stop no longer exists, causing a crash.

I have now removed the ability to change coverage areas after map creation to prevent this from occurring. To fix the bug, you will need to use the current version, where you can still change the station coverage, and put it back to the default value of 16. Then, you will be able to delete the stop without it crashing.