News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Crashes on map rotation

Started by Jando, January 18, 2018, 10:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

I see unexpected crashes as well (latest nightly, 32-bit version).

Always happened to me after unpausing the game after making changes to routes/stops/etc while in pause mode. Tried to narrow it down by pausing/unpausing the game after each little step. Turned out that rotating the map while the game is unpaused causes a crash 1-3 seconds after rotating. Rotating the game in pause mode does not cause a crash after rotating but a few seconds after you unpause the game after rotating. Seems consistent, happens on multiple of my maps.

How to reproduce:
1. You can use this saved game: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/Rt7rFZLu9LWI46o
2. Let the game run a few seconds.
3. Rotate the map. A few seconds after rotating the game will crash for me.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I have split this from the other topic as the two issues do not appear to be the same, as this is specifically connected to rotating the map.

I think that I have now found and fixed the problem; I should be grateful if you could test to confirm with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Thanks, James, I'll test tomorrow and report back.

Jando

Rotating the map still crashes the game, James.

jamespetts

Due to a compile error, the nightly version did not update last night. I have now fixed the compile error and updated it manually; I should be grateful if you could re-test.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Jando

Awfully sorry, still seeing crashes on rotation with latest nightly build.

jamespetts

This appears to have been a separate issue, but I think that I have fixed this now: I should be grateful if you could re-test and confirm with to-morrow's nightly build.

Jando

Thank you very much, James. That is looking good now.

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for confirming.