News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Industry consumption numbers

Started by hymie, January 19, 2018, 12:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hymie

Greetings.  I'm getting back into Simutrans after some time away.

I'm looking at my factories, and they have a set of four Consumption numbers,  for example,  64/341(785)/100

I know the first number (64) is "How much stuff I have in stock".

I know the second number (341) is "How much stuff is either at the supplier's station or in transit from that station to me"

I know the fourth number (100) is "How much stuff I can hold; if I have more than this, then I will tell the supplier to stop sending more stuff."

What is the third number (785) ?

--hymie!

DrSuperGood

QuoteWhat is the third number (785) ?
In JIT1 logic it is the maximum in transit amount. Once in transit reaches this amount no more goods can be ordered. It is to stop the delivery to nowhere problem as eventually some limit is reached.

JIT2 uses a completely different display method. Hopefully one that is more intuitive. I recall it recently being changed to something like...
A + B / C : D%
A is the amount in stock.
B is the amount in transit.
C is the total storage amount.
D is the supply limited production rate factor. What percentage of production rate the factory is limited to due to there being an undersupply of input product.

Outputs also have a D like value representing the percentage of production rate the factory is limited to due to there being an oversupply of output product.