4 (10%)
reytm2, Ferry-sample [pak96.comic]
0 (0%)
AEO, Catamaran [pak128]
5 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: December 01, 2011, 03:04:43 AM

sdog

UPDATE: The announcement of the winner is at the third posting.

The October SRGC is over and the jury has made their decission, now it is up to the simutrans-comunity to vote a winner. The public vote has the same weight as the jury decission.

The Blog automatically resizes the images, please click them to see them in full size!

VS, "Veveří" electric ferry in Brno [pak128]
" height="128" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-1796
pak+sources

mEGa, "Ogia" Île d'Yeu ferry [pak128]
" height="128" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-1792
pak+sources

tomPa9, Paddle Steamer Vltava in Mělník [pak128]
" height="256" class="size-full wp-image-1795
pak+sources

the Hood, Mersey Ferry [pak128.britain]

" height="128" class="size-full wp-image-1794
pak

reytm2, Ferry-sample [pak96.comic]
Ferry by reytm2" height="96" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-1793
pak sources

AEO, Catamaran [pak128]
" height="152" class="aligncenter size-full wp-image-1791

sdog

as of now, with two days to go, the vote is at a draw between two boats, both at 30% of the votes. So far 30 players have voted.

(display of results are turned off, as this causes a bias)

Fabio

I'm split between VS's and mEGa's...

I'm going for the latter, as I like better its whiteness, but I would like to cast a vote for both :)

sdog

The Jury:

VS9.5
mEGa9.5
TommPa98.5
TheHood8.5
reytm26.5
AEO8

Public Vote:
VS12
mEGa9
TommPa912
TheHood
reytm2
AEO5

Public votes scores as follows:

1st place: 12 points
2nd place: 9 points
3rd place: 5 points

That scoring includes difference of 3 points (25%) between 1st and 2nd, as well as difference of 4 points (33,3%) between 2nd and 3rd.
Moreover, as the max score on both public and jury voting are 12 points, the resulting ratio is 50% vs. 50%, as decided before voting.

Since we have a draw between TommPa9 and VS at the first rank in the public vote, both are awarded 12 points.

The Winner is thus Vladimír Slávik (VS) at 21.5 out of 24 points. With TommPa9 second 20.5 points and mEGa 18.5 points third.

Congratulations, and thanks to all Participants and the Jury for this very fruitful competition.

mEGa

Congratulations to VS and TommPa9. Really nice work, sincerely
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

Fabio

Congratulations to the winners... and let's hurry including those 4 beauties (AEO's after it's completed) in Official Pak128! ;)

VS

Wow, thanks... how do I celebrate this properly?

Just one thing, Vltava is meant for Czech pak and does not fit pak128's scale - it's drawn according to guidelines for buses! That's why it looks so **** good. I'd still prefer sticking to the scale implicitly set by Zeno's ships, though. Shame, but necessary (I believe).

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

Shame, but I agree. Apparently also AEO's seems a bit too big.

Only that TommPa9's entry should have mentioned Czech pakset in the contest instead pf vanilla 128...

Zeno

Quote from: fabio on December 01, 2011, 06:28:30 PM
Only that TommPa9's entry should have mentioned Czech pakset in the contest instead pf vanilla 128...
Sure. Probably he missed a higher mark by the jury because of that.

Anyway, congrats to the winners and to all the participants for their great creations! :)

sdog

Quote from: fabio on December 01, 2011, 06:28:30 PM
Perhaps i'm to blame for asuming it was pak128.

@VS, i'm not so sure if your boat really doesn't fit into pak128. For planes the scale is also changed for different sizes. Else some of the early small planes would be only a few pixels. I don't see why this should not be the case for ships. (Especially as the scale for the large ones is too small compared to the rest in simutrans) Important for me is, it looks very small.

Fabio

@Sdog: vtlava is tommpa9's vessel, not vs's. Vs's is in scale for pak128.

Václav

I know that TommPa9's Vltava is big for pak128 - but still, in comparison with some ships fot the same pakset, as they are available on japanese.simutrans.com, it is quite small. So I don't see it so dire.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

sdog

@fabio: Sorry, i confused Veveří and Vltava. Vltava is quite out of proportion for pak128, that's true. I wrongly assumed it was for it. The proportion was indeed one of the reasons it did not get very high marks from the jury.

When i look at the images above, which are scaled down by the forum, i think scaling it to 128 squares would make it look quite good in pak128 though. Perhaps it could be included in its original size in the czech pak and scaled down in pak128?

On another note:
The next contest topic are station extension buildings for passengers stations. It ranges from station buildings, to parking, squares to put between platforms (stairs, vendors), squares in front of stations, majestic entrances or just a shed for a vending machine, kiosk and bicycle stands.

I'll write an official announcement in the next couple of days. (as soon as my bad consciences becomes strong than my addiction to certain dwarves and their dwelling)

Zeno

@sdog: it was just a missunderstanding... actually he said it was for pak128, so no need to blame anybody.

@vaclav: each pakset has its rules, so other addons don't count as a reference, no matter where they come from.

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...