News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Recent posts

Bug Reports / Re: One of the Show station na...
Last post by Leartin - April 03, 2024, 11:57:28 PM
Difficult thing that. The settings show how the station names are displayed by changing how "show station names" is displayed. If hiding the station names showed nothing in the settings menu it might be more accurate, but also quite hard to find the option again at a later date. Hence it does not and should not hide itself.

I suppose a slightly  better behaviour would be changing the display to that of regular text, but only because a player who knows the available options could differentiate between that and default display. It does not actually help the core issue, since that could still be misunderstood as a bug.
Perhaps using brackets could help in conveying the station name isn't displayed at all without a need for additional translation (like "don't show station names" would) - at least if japanese brackets are just a different display of brackets in japanese fonts, rather then different glyphs, else that's no good either.

Alternatively, you'd need to have both a checkbox and the toggle in the same line, with the checkbox dealing with "whether" and the toggle dealing with "how" it's displayed. Not ideal, but much clearer.
Scripting Scenarios and AI / Re: Tutorial scenario reports ...
Last post by Matthew - April 03, 2024, 11:02:23 PM
Quote from: Yona-TYT on April 03, 2024, 01:17:46 AMI'm afraid you are using a very old simutras revision, according to the title bar it is using "r10421".

Screenshot_2024-04-02-21-14-33-690_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

This is 123.0.1, which is the latest official release.

According to the scenario.nut file, Steam is distributing tutorial version 1.6.20.

Since they are both older versions, they should work together, shouldn't they?

Work is underway to incorporate some nice font innovations.

Since it skips some standard commits, I'm not sure if it will work correctly in all environments.
I would really appreciate it if someone could confirm if it works properly on non-windows.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-ex-fix/tree/std-r11091-aliasing-fonts

note:
- In my environment I had to update freetype.dll to make the executable work.

- I was unable to import dr_get_system_font() from standard and compile it.
 Changes related to this have therefore been skipped. But at least in my environment the new font system works.
Bug Reports / One of the Show station names ...
Last post by Ranran(retired) - April 03, 2024, 10:30:24 PM

I thought this option was broken when I selected a colored background.
Select it again and you will now see the nameplate with a background.
That is, I think the original option that fooled me was "Hide stations names".
Thanks. I have confirmed that it is fixed.
Game Servers / Re: New Simutrans Public Serve...
Last post by Roboron - April 03, 2024, 08:26:29 PM
Server back online. Note that I will restart this server shortly after the next release is done - but I will post the save if you want to keep playing :-)
Bug Reports / Re: Antivirus positive on down...
Last post by prissi - April 03, 2024, 01:46:39 PM
There is nothing what we can do. This is created by NSIS, which is also misused by malware. The NSIS installer is highly optimised, self-extracting code and contains download functions to download code. That is enough to flag some scanners from time to time.
For me it worked with any pak location.

Since the banner window did not handle the SDL_quit event at all, the location of the pakset did not matter. Any closing of simutrans during the banner screen before the change was due to the OS closing the window on the 5th retry (at least under windows).

Do you mean, if you start without selecting the pakset manually?
Last post by Yona-TYT - April 03, 2024, 01:26:57 AM
QuoteI tried to reproduce this using the Nightly version provided via Steam, r11101. I could not, but I got a message saying "This Scenario is not compatible with your pakset or version of simutrans."

I have a concern with the version comparator, it is possible that it may crash on steam or future versions.

I don't know how to test since I would only know when trying a new version of simutrans.
Last post by Yona-TYT - April 03, 2024, 01:17:46 AM
I'm afraid you are using a very old simutras revision, according to the title bar it is using "r10421".

Screenshot_2024-04-02-21-14-33-690_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg