News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

How to compile?

Started by Zell_89, June 04, 2015, 12:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zell_89

Hi, I'm trying to play with the pak compiled from the svn repo but i think that something is missed because the game don't recognize it.
I've searched for the EXCEPTIONS.md file to look what files are under license and try to use it from the 4.10 version but I can't find it. Currently I have just downloaded the sources from svn, run the compile script (by the way, the linux script doesn't work) and placed all into the game folder.
What I missed? I love the pakset and I want to play with an updated version, someone can help me?
Thanks   :D

An_dz

The SVN only has some files, not the whole pakset, you need to download 0.4.10 and add the compiled files from SVN.

And I'll check here what are the problems in the Linux bash and update it. As well as update the file Václav told me to do so, but I still haven't.

Zell_89

Quote from: An_dz on June 04, 2015, 09:54:47 PM
The SVN only has some files, not the whole pakset, you need to download 0.4.10 and add the compiled files from SVN.

And I'll check here what are the problems in the Linux bash and update it. As well as update the file Václav told me to do so, but I still haven't.

Thanks for the reply. It is exactly what i did, I also merged the same category pak into one (as I saw in the 0.4.10) but the game still doesn't see the pakset.
The Linux script give me this errors:
compile-linux: riga 5: $'echo\r': command not found
This batch compiles this repository into a new folder
called compiled, makeobj must be in root folder.
compile-linux: riga 8: $'echo\r': command not found
Checking for makeobj...
compile-linux: riga 10: $'echo\r': command not found
compile-linux: riga 109: syntax error: unexpected end of file
I tried to fix it, the echo\r can be removed (is just for spacing), but with the eof error I don't know how to proceed.

An_dz

Easy fix, the files had Windows line-endings. :D Now it runs great.

And about the compiled paks, the best solution is to load the SVN as addon.

You create a directory called /addons/pak96.comic/ in your Simutrans user dir, it should be located in ~/simutrans/, and you place all paks there.