News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Making Money from Electricity?

Started by dannyman, March 15, 2014, 04:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyman

Hello,

I set up an "electric company" player whose main revenue is hauling coal to the power plants.

Since transformer maintenance costs are insane, the government built a transformer in each town.  But the private company strings the wires.

I don't see that revenue from carrying electrons is anywhere in the company ledger.  Are the power lines simply an infrastructure cost that the coal hauler will bear in exchange for monopoly rights on hauling the coal for power generation? :)

I assume transformer maintenance costs are a simple balancing issue in pak UK, but I couldn't find anything in the forums about changes to electrical generation.

Vladki

I think the revenue goes to the owner of transformer station. I your game it is the public player

jamespetts

Which pakset are you using? If it is Pak128.Britain-Ex, perhaps I need to reduce the maintenance of the substations.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Quote from: jamespetts on March 15, 2014, 11:31:32 AM
Which pakset are you using? If it is Pak128.Britain-Ex, perhaps I need to reduce the maintenance of the substations.

To be honest my electricity only company makes a decent profit without operating any services itself (income is quite a lot lower early on though, when the demand is overall low), so I don't think they were particularly high, at least not in late-game.