News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

A few (minor) issues in pak128 DAT files

Started by cy087, April 14, 2013, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cy087

These come from my own DAT source parser for the pak128 source repository.  They may have no effect on the game and may be obviated by makeobj, but for what its worth:

pak128-src-2.3.0/base/airport_buildings_towers/airport1990_small_postoffice.dat ---> ERR: Can 't parse (levels=2)
  Should be "level=2" but even that looks odd?

pak128-src-2.3.0/special_buildings/landscape/house_ruins_0.dat ERR: Can't parse (dim=1,1)
  Should be "dims=1.1"

Several files in pak128-src-2.3.0/cityhouses/res contain an unknown parameter "note"
  pak128-src-2.3.0/cityhouses/res/res_08_45.dat  ERR: Can't parse (note=Panoramic resort with roof pool (1/3))
  pak128-src-2.3.0/cityhouses/res/res_10_45.dat  ERR: Can't parse (note=Panoramic resort with Solarium and Jacuzi (3/3))
  pak128-src-2.3.0/cityhouses/res/res_09_45.dat  ERR: Can't parse (note=Panoramic resort with potted palm trees (2/3))

cheers
CY

VS

Ha, nice catch with level and dims :) Fixed - thanks!

One important point, though. You are parsing (I guess) by taking each line and turning it into some meaning. The way it works in Simu is that the game checks if any of the lines match what it wants. So, any unknown lines are ignored.

"note" is a parameter used for SimuTranslator. It is shown there as read-only information for translators...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

cy087

Quote from: VS on April 14, 2013, 12:41:15 PM
So, any unknown lines are ignored.
That's what I thought. OK.

Quote from: VS on April 14, 2013, 12:41:15 PM
"note" is a parameter used for SimuTranslator. It is shown there as read-only information for translators...

Ah! Good. 

CY