News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Vehicles non-profitable in spite of full utilization (Was: Re: Passenger an mail

Started by Václav, August 19, 2008, 11:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I am not sure this place is right for that (what is below):
note by mod: I've split off your post and moved it to help requests, because it had nothing to do with that other topic in Pak128 discussions.

May be that difference is crazy high but this is too interesting:

one million (1 000 000) people on trainstation/airport/bus stop/tram stop complex with capacity ten thousand - and so on. And no vehicles (planes, trams, trains) are unable to empty that complex.

But when I use many vehicles on same route, it is possible one or more vehicles will not make money in spite of number of people for that route is sufficient for all assigned vehicles.

And that's independent on map size and cities number (but more cities on larger map do much overloaded stations).

(But I still use only 99.17.1 - on Windows 98SE with 512 MB RAM and AMD Duron 750 MHz)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

whoami

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on August 19, 2008, 11:22:58 AM
But when I use many vehicles on same route, it is possible one or more vehicles will not make money in spite of number of people for that route is sufficient for all assigned vehicles.
If they are different vehicle types, then the reason can be that they have lower top speed, therefore receive less revenue due to speed bonus, or they have higher costs (per distance) or lower capacity than the others. Also, detours increase costs.

If the vehicle types are the same (you already wrote that the route is the same), then the reason can be that the vehicles also depend on revenue from passengers entering not on the big hub station, but on smaller stations and halts on the route. These can be emptied by the first vehicles passing, so that later ones do not get passengers.