News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

TileCutter 0.5.2 Alpha Release

Started by Ashley, January 28, 2010, 11:57:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

There is a newer release of TileCutter available, see: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=4353

This is an alpha release of the new TileCutter.

Sorry about the lack of recent development. I'm going to work on this more from now on.

Please note that this version is still under development, and there may be some major bugs. If you do encounter any issues using it please submit a bug report by posting in reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Circumstances and description of the issue
2. tilecutter.log and TileCutter5.exe.log (if present)

Changes:

FIX: Non-ASCII character in paths now work properly
ADD: Details of SVN access to download source code
ADD: Source distribution in build scripts

Known Bugs
- Last save directory not stored

What's new
Source distribution via public SVN
Source distribution in build script
Completely re-written cutting engine, no longer sucks (I hope!)
New and improved UI
Makeobj integration and one-click export
Ability to save + load project files
Better translation system and (hopefully) integration with SimuTranslator

What's still to do
Specific source distribution via .zip/.tar.gz file
Lots of testing
Full dat file editor
Smoke editor
Online documentation
Mac distribution
Windows msi installer

What's also under development
I am also developing an entirely online version of TileCutter which will use the same cutting engine. This isn't really ready for public consumption however. It will do everything that the downloadable version of TileCutter can do, and the project files will be interoperable.

Notes
All the paths in the main window are relative to the project save location path. This is intended to allow you to put all your work files in one directory, and then to be able to move or zip that directory and send it to someone else while preserving all the links to the images. Also note that the images are not saved with the project file, only links to them are (this may change at some point).

It's also worth pointing out that in order for the one click exporting to work (e.g. makeobj integration) you need to have filled out the correct details in the dat editing window. Currently this is just a text entry box, but this will change in future to a proper dat editing UI. The image array information is automatically generated and appended to whatever you type into this box.

Download
You can download this alpha release of TileCutter from the following link:

TileCutter_win_0.5.2-alpha.zip (5.4 MB)

You can also download a source distribution:

TileCutter_src_0.5.2-alpha.zip (232 KB)

NOTE: The source distribution requires that you have Python 2.6 or better installed already, and depends upon the wxWidgets library.

And you can check out the source for this release from the SVN, using this URL:

svn://entropy.me.uk/timothy/tilecutter/tags/0.5.2/

And the current latest version from this one:

svn://entropy.me.uk/timothy/tilecutter/trunk/

While this version of TileCutter is listed as an alpha release, it is in all likelihood more stable and likely to work than the previous (0.3d.1) version. I recommend using this version over the 0.3 releases.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

VS

Umm, authorization failed again... (svn)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Fabio

An extension request:
If there are different rotations in the same PNG file, allow selecting it by checking a box, instead of re-picking the file.
thanks in advance!!!
:)

vilvoh

There's a button that allows you to upload the same image for all rotations. At the top right corner, it's called tt_same_file_for_all.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Ashley

Quote from: VS on January 28, 2010, 03:02:38 PM
Umm, authorization failed again... (svn)

Hmm, I know exactly why you get this error, but not what causes it to keep happening. Will investigate. The .zip for the source is just as good at the moment tho.

Edit: Fixed it again.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

Fabio

Quote from: vilvoh on January 28, 2010, 04:35:43 PM
There's a button that allows you to upload the same image for all rotations. At the top right corner, it's called tt_same_file_for_all.

thank you! i will try this

vilvoh

You say that this version has a better integration with Simutranslator but when will the Tilecutter set be available for translating?

Ashley

Good question, I'll look into that, not sure how far we got with Simutranslator before.

vilvoh

I can't make it work. I've uploaded the png file and I've set up all parameters, including output locations but when I push Cut Image button, nothing happens..  ::(

Ashley

Could you post the tilecutter log file? I'll see if I can work out why it doesn't work... What operating system are you running it on?

vilvoh

Sure, I was just checking it..

2010-01-29 20:03:35 |    Traceback (most recent call last):
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "tcui\menuObject.pyc", line 140, in OnCutProject
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "TileCutter5.pyw", line 388, in ExportProject
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "tc.pyc", line 320, in export_writer
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "tc.pyc", line 204, in win_to_unix
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |    TypeError: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode

I'm using windows XP sp2

VS

Meanwhile, authorization failed again. Hehehe. At this rate, we'll drive you insane with just the bug reports.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Ashley

Quote from: VS on January 29, 2010, 07:28:19 PM
Meanwhile, authorization failed again. Hehehe. At this rate, we'll drive you insane with just the bug reports.

Good news is this should be fixed now, I worked out that it was accessing the SVN using SSH+SVN, this was causing the db file to be set to have the wrong group in its permissions. I've set the GID bit on the parent directory now, so that shouldn't happen in future.

Quote from: vilvoh on January 29, 2010, 07:09:36 PM
Sure, I was just checking it..

2010-01-29 20:03:35 |    Traceback (most recent call last):
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "tcui\menuObject.pyc", line 140, in OnCutProject
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "TileCutter5.pyw", line 388, in ExportProject
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "tc.pyc", line 320, in export_writer
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |      File "tc.pyc", line 204, in win_to_unix
2010-01-29 20:03:35 |    TypeError: character mapping must return integer, None or unicode

I'm using windows XP sp2

I'll take a look tomorrow into this.

On the translation front, I've reworked the code to make the translations more compatible with SimuTranslator (and also to preserve old translation strings). Am working to get it set up on the SimuTranslator site so we can get some translations into it. :)

Ashley

Translations are now available in SimuTranslator if people wish to begin translating them :) I'll include the results in each release of TileCutter.

Frank

minor Bugs

- select language not saved

- link to OnlineHelp is wrong

Ashley

Thanks Frank, more bugs on the bugfix list :)

Frank

Object exists

'Language' and 'Language:'

the ':' better add in code, then one string translated