News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

c.64.simutrans.entropy.me.uk

Started by Ashley, November 23, 2012, 12:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Currently running Simutrans stable 112.1 (r6212) with pak64 112.1.

Download Simutrans and pakset from: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?board=3.0

This server is accessible over both IPv4 and IPv6.

The server will pause when no clients are connected.

Screenshot of the map:

Previous savegames can be found here, listed by the date when the server was shut down:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/server/sim64c/archive/
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

paichtis

C is down again. Perhaps we should make a thread about this server ?
Edit : it's up again

edson

Server C: Players blocking other players ways/factories.
Screenshot: Look he trying to block my way. He blocking tunnels/bridges.

prissi

Maybe simutrans needs to allow the removal of infrastructure when no convoi passed ever and more than two month passed since laying or so ...

Ashley

Sounds like a reasonable solution to me.
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

Fifty

It's often necessary to reserve track for an expanded station or double track line, else someone will build a small bridge nearby and you won't be able to complete your line. I also like to build big sections of track one evening and place trains the next day. I think most of the time this is done in good faith. Moreover, it should not be as big an issue once we can build stations in tunnels again online...
Why do we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

prissi

Other solution for the screenshot will be a drastic increase of the alter land costs by a factor of ten or more.

paichtis

Quote from: prissi on November 24, 2012, 09:39:10 PM
Other solution for the screenshot will be a drastic increase of the alter land costs by a factor of ten or more.
I'm all for it as I (and others) over use alter land but it won't change anything after a few years of game time.

edson

I created a escape to the Chemical Plant, but, I'm stopping playing on this server, there is a player monopolizing it with overpowered stations. :)

Fifty

Quote from: edson on November 25, 2012, 02:58:56 AM
there is a player monopolizing it with overpowered stations. :)

This is, I think, the bigger issue when netgaming-- that whatever player has a larger station at a particular industry tends to get all of the output until that station gets crowded, regardless of whether other players have better routes.

Dwachs

Quote from: Fifty on November 25, 2012, 03:55:11 AM
This is, I think, the bigger issue when netgaming-- that whatever player has a larger station at a particular industry tends to get all of the output until that station gets crowded, regardless of whether other players have better routes.
Could you open a thread about this as extension request?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Grupo Rodrigus

Good evening, folks!

It was nice playing with you all as Cunhambebe Transportes Ltda. I decided to leave my company open - someone has already taken it - after a weekend full of connection crashes (i heard it doesn't happen to anyone else, so I credit it to my poor countryside Brazilian 3G connection).
Besides saying "hello" and "thanks" to all of you, I'd like to make some simple suggestions:
* If possible, please create a "D" server, since all existing servers are unavailable for new players.
* The public sector could create public passenger stops/terminuses in main towns, in order to facilitate integration between passengers of different cities/companies.

Cheers!

edson

Wow, the server is full right now, can't play;  :police:

Quote from: Grupo Rodrigus on November 28, 2012, 09:35:24 PM
* If possible, please create a "D" server, since all existing servers are unavailable for new players.

I has thinking about it, maybe Simutrans team can add a extension to reset a player slot if there is no movement like new lines, vehicles, any work or days without visit.

Fifty

Quote from: edson on November 28, 2012, 11:51:12 PM
I has thinking about it, maybe Simutrans team can add a extension to reset a player slot if there is no movement like new lines, vehicles, any work or days without visit.

This has been suggested a few times before, I've formalized an extension request finally: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=10961.msg106101;topicseen#msg106101.

Edit: Someone's already locked all of the remaining players on b.64...

prissi

I thought that was implemented already quite some time ago. But should not hard to realize. Unfourtunately this will not affect games with autopause.

paichtis

There is no way to stay connected to this server more than a few seconds.
I'd fill a bug report but my gut feeling is that it is somehow related to the either the underground bug or the port bug already fixed in the nightlies.

TurfIt

I can run this save using 112.0 on a local server with no issues, not likely something fixed in the nightlies.
Connecting to the c. server results in a simrand mismatch on the third NWC_CHECK. Always the third.
Since I have no problem locally, there's no way to track further...

Ashley

Hm, I can run these servers using nightly builds but then the issue is that it increases the barrier to entry for the average player. I do have it automated to the point where upgrading them every time the map changes wouldn't be too hard (but then players would have to upgrade Simutrans every 3 weeks or so...)

Dwachs

Do you run patched servers? Or just the release but compiled without graphics?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ashley

I have a couple of small patches I apply that make management easier, and I've been testing the daemon/syslog stuff out on one. Things which don't alter the version of the game that clients need seems fine. Obviously compiled with the posix backend and 0 colour depth. :)

paichtis

From the experimental server  discussion :
Quote from: TurfIt on December 13, 2012, 11:26:42 PM

While the ship pathfinding is only when a ship starts, the sheer number of ships present has quite a few starts per second. For passenger numbers, given an equal number of passengers in transit, experimental has far more ware packets due to tracking the origin than standard. Definitely a performance drain that.

I don't think the VPS is handling it. Seems the server is hitting 100% CPU. At least my client keeps running ahead and getting choked back by the above difftime adjustment(could be network latency instead but I'm seeing a steady 101ms to the server). i.e. It doesn't look like the server is achieving its target FPS. And of course one is very susceptible to disconnects when running ahead - a single other client sending a command and you're done. Why it's vital a server never maxes out.

Could this be the explanation for the desynchs ? There are tons of ships in this server (if I remember well my main PAX line alone had around 200 ships, add to this many oil lines most with around 20 ships ...)

Ashley

None of the Simutrans instances running on my server use more than about 1% of the CPU time of the machine. The VM has 8 virtual cores, but even taking into account the single-threaded nature of Simutrans it isn't maxing out...

You can see the CPU and memory usage of the servers over the past 24 hours here:

http://entropy.me.uk/simutrans/server-memory.html

Ashley

Server upgraded to the new stable, with a new map.