News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[SOLVED] Moving a station to underground

Started by spidernik84, January 19, 2017, 06:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spidernik84

Hello! I have a hub bus station that I unwisely placed in the center of my city. It is getting insanely crowded.
I would love to "convert" it to an underground station without having to modify all the lines passing through it.
I attempted to follow the multimodal station tutorial (go undeground, take note of the coordinates of the existing station, build platform "below" ground) but when I delete the station above ground the line ends up having an "orphaned" waypoint in place of the old station :(
What am I doing wrong?
Pak64. Thanks :)

Ters

Since trains move in a 3D environment, waypoints are also 3D coordinates. There is however a replace stop tool, located on the special construction tools menu in pak64. Click on one tile and then another, and all vehicles/lines stopping at the first tile will get their waypoints moved to the second tile. Since trains can have their waypoints on any tile along a platform, you may have to do this for every tile to be sure. I have never used the tool for moving lines underground, so I can't rule out that switching between above and underground disrupts the the tool.

spidernik84

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed! It worked wonderfully :D

accord2

How would you do this in pak128? Where can I find that tutorial?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

An_dz

The exact same way, it's a button with two stations and a curved double arrow.