News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Underground signals after June 2009

Started by fam621, February 09, 2017, 04:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

James, I have been realising more that underground signals are not upgraded to LED signals, can that be a possible change please? :)

jamespetts

There are no graphics currently for underground LED signals. Are they sufficiently different in appearance as to warrant different graphics (i.e. such that the difference would show in the size of graphics in Pak128.Britain)? (And, if so, can you link to pictures showing the difference?) If not, one might just re-use the same graphics but call them LED signals and give them a lower maintenance cost.

Also, this is a pakset question, so I am moving this topic to the pakset discussion board. Please take care to post in the correct subforums in future.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

I really thought it was development. But anyways, that can be possible. Because, I see LED underground signals on the Thameslink line.

jamespetts

Are they visibly different from the incandescent lamp based underground signals?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

fam621

jamespetts

Do they look sufficiently different from non-LED underground signals that the difference will be noticeable in the small graphics of Simutrans?

fam621

Yes, they look more like colourlight signals.

jamespetts

Quote from: fam621 on February 11, 2017, 11:41:53 AM
Yes, they look more like colourlight signals.

I do not follow - they are colour light signals, as are the non-LED signals. Do you mean that they look more like main-line colour light signals (i.e. with rectangular backing boards with the corners cut off)?