News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Diary of an Entrepreneur, Part 4

Started by Roads, May 25, 2012, 08:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roads

First the screenshot, then the story:

Legend has it that if you sit on the old Piney Creek bridge at the darkest time of night and you are very quiet, you can hear a baby crying.  The details of why this alleged phenomenon occurs are sketchy but the post pubescent high school boys of Wesley never let an opportunity for amorous activity escape them.

To their way of thinking, getting a gullible young girl alone in the dark is a good opportunity and getting her scared enough to seek the safety of strong arms doesn't hurt either.

For those young men with great self confidence, simply telling a girl the story and getting her out there is enough.  For those less sure of their abilities, or simply to enhance the experience, go the extra mile.  This is done by finding the most accomplished cryer among the high school boys.  The author is not sure how this is done but has heard reports of boys so capable that they can fool even trained baby nurses.

The scene plays out thusly.  The cryer hides under the bridge.  After a suitable amount of time has elapsed, he lets out a long low whimper.  This often is enough to drive the young girl into the arms of her suitor.  On those rare occasions when the whimper is not enough, the crying becomes more intense and there have even been reports of young girls hearing the word "mama."

From time to time, some citizens will suggest tearing the bridge down but most oppose that.  Their argument is that girls are not gullible enough to believe the tale.  They simply agree to go out there to be alone with their guy and have something "different" to do.  When asked what he thought about tearing the bridge down, the manager of the nearby chicken farm simply pointed at the pile of chicken litter awaiting pick up as fertilizer and grunted hmmmp.

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Roads

Thanks Dwachs!  This is a story my oldest son related to me several years ago after he had graduated from high school.  He didn't say, and I didn't ask, if he had been a participant. :)

isidoro

So, it is a Don't ask, don't tell policy...  :D

Nice story, as usual...

Roads

isidoro, I think you nailed it.  :)

And as usual, thank you.  It is always good to hear feedback.