News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

112.0 and Nightlies Mac OS X crash when clicking load game button

Started by alexbaettig, November 09, 2012, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbaettig

With the current nightlies and 112.0 (r6000) somehow the game will crash when you try to click the load game button. It does run normally until you want to load a game... any "load game"! No matter which pak!
I hope someone can help!

kierongreen

Is this when you open the file browsing window or click to load an individual file?

Markohs

alexbaettig

It happens when I open the file browsing window. What do you want? I can give you what Terminal says during running Simutrans:
Calculating textures ...done
Creating cities ...
Creating factories ...
Distributing 1 tourist attractions ...
Preparing startup ...
Loading BDF font 'font/Prop-Latin1.bdf'
Loading BDF font font/Prop-Latin1.bdf with 256 characters
Show banner ...
Bus error: 10
logout
I think you mean something different!

TurfIt

alexbaettig

I'll try this. However the crash in this case is somehow different...

EDIT AFTER TESTING:

Nothing changed... nothing should have changed anyway as I already had the newest version of the SDL.framework!

TurfIt

Try deleting settings.xml from the simutrans directory before starting the game. (Although corruption here usually crashes the game on startup)
Try deleting _cached.xml from the save/ directory before opening the load game dialog.
Try removing everything from the save/ directory.

transporter

Quote from: TurfIt on November 09, 2012, 04:17:11 PM
Possibly a similar problem to 112.0 OSX Unknown crash  ?
Try updating your SDL framework.

I haven't had any problem with loading games. I remember getting a Bus error: 10...I want to say it had something to do with the folder setup. Like something isn't in the right place.

Markohs

might be related to the last patch I incorporated. So you say it shows you the available files to load and crashes when you select one or it crashes just before showing the list? The dialog appears?

alexbaettig

QuoteTry deleting _cached.xml from the save/ directory before opening the load game dialog
This did actually work. I can now load a game but I'm not really sure about how long it will work. Somehow something is still wrong.
QuoteSo you say it shows you the available files to load and crashes when you select one or it crashes just before showing the list? The dialog appears?
The crash happened when clicking on the button. It did not show the list.