News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Road choose sign

Started by accord2, January 24, 2017, 06:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

It's me again, sorry.
Pak128.Britain Experimental

How do road choose signs work? I just can't them to work. I have a road that leads to two cargo stations (or what they are called) but or the trucks ignore signs and keep using the same tile from the schedule or they stop at the sign tile and don't enter/leave the station.
Can someone help me? Thanks :)
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

DrSuperGood

Experimental might not have the patch which fixed road choose signs, or if it does it might only be in the development builds. They used to fail to work from some directions due to a logic error.

jamespetts

Sorry that you are having trouble. May I ask what version that you are using?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

Quote from: jamespetts on January 24, 2017, 11:57:26 PM
Sorry that you are having trouble. May I ask what version that you are using?

How do I see the version? In the main menu it says 112.3 and in pak128.britain it says 0.9.1

jamespetts

Ah - in which case you have what is now a rather old version. The old release versions have not been updated in some time (as I do not think that there is much value in putting out any further official releases until I can balance the game fully, and it will require a huge amount of work over a very long period of time indeed to get the game to that state), but there are now regular builds of a development version which is much more up to date and fixes a number of bugs from the older versions.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

accord2

I see. Where can I get the newer stable version? And how I install it?

jamespetts

See the link here (for Windows) or here for Linux.

You may also want the latest development version of the pakset, which is available here/

accord2