News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Question About Bus Comfort Ratings

Started by dave62, August 31, 2010, 07:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave62

Hello James,

I have encountered a problem regarding comfort ratings for buses.

When playing my last game I noticed that the comfort ratings given in the depot screen do not correspond to the ratings given in the graph on each bus.  For example, the Leyland Titan has a depot screen comfort rating of 56, but it's graph rating on the road is 248.  The Dennis Dominator has a rating of 65 on the depot screen but 0 on an individual bus's graph.  Only the AEC Reliance ST and the Merecedes Citaro G have the same comfort ratings on both.

I'm afraid I have no real idea as to what might be causing these discrepancies, unless I'm completely misunderstanding the information given in the screen and graphs, but they do not seem to affect the game to any great extent.  Of course the passengers generated and corresponding revenues may not be correct.  Possibly the information is correct but the graphs display it incorrectly.  Sorry I'm just guessing here.

I've uploaded a test game with just one bus route in a medium sized city with one of each type of bus on it to show you what I mean and to get information for each bus.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/BusComfortTest.sve

The results are attached text file as the file is quite small.

I also have a 'real' game – the same game I uploaded for the question regarding long distance trains but played till 2012 – and it shows the same pattern.

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/David2.sve

I hope this makes some sense and of course please let me know if you need and more information or clarification.

Dave

jamespetts

Dave,

thank you very much for your report: most helpful. I can confirm that this is due to a bug in Simutrans-Experimental that has been fixed, which fix will be released with the next version (9.0) when that comes out.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.