News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Translation - english

Started by sojo, December 13, 2008, 12:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sojo

I need a very well english speaking person, to read some texts and improve this.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

vilvoh

to translate from any language to english or to write some texts in english?

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

sojo

Quote from: vilvoh on December 13, 2008, 01:01:57 PM
to translate from any language to english or to write some texts in english?

Read my terrible english and write it in a good english. I search for http://simutrans.piranho.de and mayby later the pakset too.

IgorEliezer

Sojo needs an English Reviewer, BADLY. Just it.

QuoteHomepage of pak96.comic for Simutrans

This is the Official Site of pak96.comic for Simutrans.

Simutrans

Simutrans is a freeware transportation simulator. Passengers, mails and goods of various kinds need to be transported by using trains, cars, airplanes, ships, trams and maglevs.

Simutrans can run with different Graphic Sets. They differ each other in size and style.

pak96.comic

The pak96.comic has a size of 96x96 pixel. The 96 pixel size is in Simutrans a medium size and therefore a good compromise between small downloads and big graphics.

The pak96.comic style is the typical comic style with black borders. The comic world is a picture of the real world... and the unexpected can happen.

I did some changes. As I'm not an English speaker, I need an English reviewer too.

(what a shame)

VS

I can help only little - my English is not that great, too.

1) Mail has no plural when it is meant as type of cargo. (similar to: Deutsche Bahn transport one wood, two woods? two milks? ;D no... just wood, milk)

2) Differ from

So:
QuoteHomepage of pak96.comic for Simutrans

This is the Official Site of pak96.comic for Simutrans.

Simutrans

Simutrans is a freeware transportation simulator. Passengers, mail and goods of various kinds need to be transported by using trains, cars, airplanes, ships, trams and maglevs.

Simutrans can run with different Graphic Sets. They differ from each other in size and style.

pak96.comic

The pak96.comic has a size of 96x96 pixel. The 96 pixel size is in Simutrans a medium size and therefore a good compromise between small downloads and big graphics.

The pak96.comic style is the typical comic style with black borders. The comic world is a picture of the real world... and the unexpected can happen.

...still needs another reviewer...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

Count with me too...just one thing:
Quotetransported by using trains,
I think it's just transported using trains (plural) or transported by train (singular) but for me sounds strange using both at the same time.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Personally I'd go for the 2nd option: "transported by train," etc. (singular).

And
QuoteSimutrans can run with different graphic sets
(without the capital letters)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

vilvoh

I'd change the begining of this sentence:
QuoteThe 96 pixel size is in Simutrans a medium size and
by this
QuoteIn Simutrans, 96 pixels is a medium size and

Other changes..
QuoteThe pak96.comic has a size of 96x96 pixel
by this..
QuoteThe pak96.comic graphics have a size of 96x96 pixels
because the size is related with pak graphics not with the pak itself.

There's something that sounds strange to me in this sentence. You use the article the very often
QuoteThe pak96.comic style is the typical comic style with black borders. The comic world is a picture of the real world... and the unexpected can happen.

AFAIK, that article is used to refer to unique things or to one particular member of a class. So, imho, It might be rewritten this way
QuoteThe pak96.comic style is a typical comic style with black borders. Comic world is a picture of real world... and the unexpected may happen.

VS

QuoteIn Simutrans, 96 pixels a medium size and
missing "is"

sojo

Thank you all very much. I will be fix it.

I will make all other pages new. Some stuff is old. Than I will post the texts here. Mayby you can have a look.  8)