News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Pendolino

Started by Maragil, August 25, 2009, 06:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maragil

Do we have pendolinos for standard 128.Britain - I can't find them... I'd like to import into Pak128 as I'm going to do a big project with them (top secret :) )

H./

jamespetts

There are indeed Pendolinos for Pak128.Britain, both Standard and Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Maragil

Thanks - what .pak are they, as I'd like to import into my Pak128 files.
Also, are they in Virgin livery?

Also, can they be hauled by BR class 57's? - or any diesel for that matter :)

H./

jamespetts

Maragil,

they should be in the BritRail.pak file (in Standard, or the BritRail-Ex.pak file in Experimental). Be careful, though: Pak128.Britain trains are not necessarily balanced to go with things from other paksets.

They are indeed in Virgin livery, since that is the only livery that they have ever carried in service. There is no class 57 in Pak128.Britain yet, however, and even if there was, there would be no point in hauling them with it, since Sumatrans does not account for the possibility of an electric vehicle being hauled by a non-electric vehicle, and requires that an convoy containing any electrified vehicle (whether or not there are also non-electric powered vehicles in the convoy) travel only on electrified ways. The reason for this is no doubt that there is no possibility of changing the formation of a train in service in Simutrans, as that would be too complicated to code (and probably also too complicated to use), so there is no need for electric vehicles to be able to be hauled over non-electrified ways.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Maragil

Thanks for that info :)

Could it be configured then for the Pendolino carriages to be Diesel hauled as well?

Thanks,

H./

jamespetts

Possibly, but I'm not sure what the point would be... And we'd still need to make a Class 57 for it.

Maragil

I think Kieron made one.. (I've got it anyway :) )

H./

The Hood

There's no class 57 in pak128.Britain at present (there's a class 47 from which 57s are rebuilt).  And I'm not planning on including it so you can haul pendolino stock by a diesel - given the limitations of the game engine there's no point.  However, there is nothing to stop you taking the sources from SVN and modding them to do what you want :)