News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Fatal error

Started by boriselperro, April 04, 2014, 03:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boriselperro

I have looked through the very long list of fatal error inquiries, but couldn't find my particular one, so I hope someone can help, please. My problem is that I clicked on the simutrans application file in the usual way (which has never failed to work before) and got the message:

fatal error loadsave_t::rdwr str ()-expected "</bool", got "</rue". Aborting program - execution

I have been playing Comic 192 without any problems, with a rather large map 0f about 5000x150 approx (cant tell you exactly, because I cant get in). The computer wasnt struggling with it at all before this.

It is on my pendrive - don't know if that is relevant. But I have been using it on pendrive for ages.

Thanking you very much in anticipation of any helpful responses.

Ters

prissi

There shoudl be a file default.sve and settings.xml, either in my documents or in the program directory. Delete these and start again.

boriselperro

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!  There is, I did, and it works! Thank you very much. I was a bit upset at losing a rather complicated game I had been playing and developing for some time. Thanks once again Prissi.

boriselperro

Ters - thank you for your response. I followed the link but to be honest couldnt entirely understand what was being said. But thanks nevertheless for trying to help.

Ters

Quote from: boriselperro on April 06, 2014, 01:44:44 AM
Ters - thank you for your response. I followed the link but to be honest couldnt entirely understand what was being said. But thanks nevertheless for trying to help.

My intention was to combine the efforts in looking for a solution to what appeared to be the same problem. I missed the crucial difference that you got the error immediately upon starting the game, whereas in the other case, it happened when loading a particular game.