News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Simutrans installed, ***No pakset found*** error

Started by chemindefer, April 26, 2012, 09:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chemindefer

Hello there,

I have played Simutrans for quite some time, although always on Windows, not on OS X.

However, no matter how hard I try to resolve this issue of: "***No pakset found***", I am not able to.

Yes, I have read through the sticky "how to install" thread, and have installed SDL. However, the "How to install" thread for Mac did not resolve this issue for me.

Even though I have a pakset inside the "simutrans" folder on my desktop, which is pak64, it still tells me that "***No pakset found***".

This is the only error preventing me from playing. All other components have loaded and initialised as they are meant to.

I have attached a screenshot to assist others in helping me.

Thanks for your time.

Carl

What's inside the pak64 folder? The pak files need to be in the top level of that folder, otherwise Simutrans will not detect a pakset. If, for instance, they are in pak64/pak/[files], it will not find them.

transporter

Yeah most of the time the zip file will just turn into another folder with the actual pak files inside. Annoying ain't it

An_dz

That's why we always need to first open the zip and then extract. To know how the structure is.

If it's from your interest, there's these beta version using native Quartz for Mac.

chemindefer

@carlbaker: Just what comes with pak64. When you say the pak64 needs to be in the top level, do you mean the "pak64" folder itself, or the contents of the pak64 folder?

Carl

The .pak files should be in the following folder: simutrans/pak64. If they are in simutrans/pak64/pak64 (or similar), they will not be found.

chemindefer

If the "pak" folder doesn't exist, can I create it, or does it get created for me?

transporter

THe pak folder does exist. It's the only that directly holds the individual .pak files. So if you find those, go back one folder and that's the one you put in the main simutrans folder you have.

chemindefer

Hi Transporter,

I understand what you're saying, but I can't quite see in my head how to do that.

Could you do it step by step please?

EDIT: I got pak128 working. Why pak64 refuses to work, despite the fact that it is setup exactly the same way as 128 is a mystery...

transporter

Within the simutrans folder you should have your paksets. When you click on any pakset, you should see the .pak files that run the pakset. If you find another folder instead, take that folder and put it in your simutrans folder. So the path would be simutrans>pak>.pak files

Vonjo

Quote from: chemindefer on April 27, 2012, 04:41:57 AM
EDIT: I got pak128 working. Why pak64 refuses to work, despite the fact that it is setup exactly the same way as 128 is a mystery...
Hmmm... Looks like the permission problem again, just like in Linux. Maybe this problem is in OSX too. If so, you may need to chmod/chown the pak64 folder.

transporter

If that's the case, just right click on the folder, go to Get Info, down to Sharing and Permissions, then give yourself read & write permission. See if that helps.