News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

[SOLVED] program_text bug

Started by ampersand, February 13, 2017, 05:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ampersand

Cargo unit strings don't get translated. Whatever language you choose, displayed units are always in Tonnen, Paletten and fm. I changed to another pakset on the same game install and these units became displayed correctly.

michelstadt

NNW updated the en.tab and loaded it up to the translator. These weaknesses should become corrected.

NNW

Done
I have reworked all Goods and the related metrics. Should be correct and complete in the translator and the en.tab

ampersand

I have downloaded en.tab file from http://www.simutrans-germany.com/translator/data/tab/20/en.tab and replace with it the previous en.tab in /pak128.german/text/en.tab. After I started a new game, no improvement - still Tonnen and so on. Should I update any more files than the above to see the effect of your work?

Frank

Tonnen, fm and m3 no translate

m3 should work on the base texts

ampersand

Quote from: Frank on April 25, 2017, 06:53:44 PM
Paletten exist in the base text
Yes you are right. Unit names display correctly translated in pak128, but not in pak128.german.

Frank

Quote from: ampersand on April 25, 2017, 07:00:04 PM
Yes you are right. Unit names display correctly translated in pak128, but not in pak128.german.

base text = paletten
pak128.german = Paletten

p <> P

Each set seems to be different. Also covers other goods. The SimuTranslator offers the transfer ( text compare ) of translations if the object names are the same. Thus, for example, were quickly taken over by other sets.

But what does not happen when everyone writes / names the same goods.

michelstadt

The forthcoming release should correct this weak point. Please wait and see ...

NNW

i had alter tonnen to tons in the *.tab in our repo not in the translator. I will complete the translator files this weekend....
In the meantime you can use the ones from my working copy.

ampersand

This issue has been resolved as of December 2020. If you would like to solve this issue in any earlier version,
download the current en.tab file
https://makie.de/translator/script/main.php?page=wrap&version=20
and replace it in the directory you installed PAK128.german