News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

How to create blank maps??

Started by percy4u, May 04, 2015, 01:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

percy4u

Hi all,

For a project I wish to do in Simutrans, I need a blank map (preferably flat) to create a detailed simulation of a city on it - by hand :o! I have worked out how to stop the creation of trees and lakes, but is there a way to make a map that is just flat land, no water.

Perhaps the answer could be a particular map number for the "Start Game" dialog, or perhaps some kind soul could make a heightmap suitable for my needs.

Many thanks in advance...

Sarlock

To create a blank, flat map:

Start a new map
Click on Landscape Settings
Change Mountain height to 0
You may need to change Water level if your map appears to be all water (the map preview window will be all blue)

Done :)
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

percy4u

Thank you Sarlock, you are a legend ;D. Now I suppose I'll have to finish this mammoth project :o...I'll post it when I've finished...

An_dz

percy4u

QuoteSee you in ten years then. ;D
Probably more likely to be 20 to be honest :o :-X ...

Isaac Eiland-Hall

It's true. I started working on a Simutrans map I wanted to share in 1986 and I'm still not done. :D

An_dz

Our benevolent dictator can also see the future, what did you gather through the years while Simutrans was not even created?

sdog

Persuading Hajo to start it all took him over a decade. Hadn't he secretely founded MIcroprose years before and set Chris Sawyer to code Transport Tycoon as an incentive, perhaps Hajo would have never stated it. Leaving TBD's map dormant to this day.

ytxmobile

Quote from: Sarlock on May 04, 2015, 02:27:30 PM
To create a blank, flat map:

Start a new map
Click on Landscape Settings
Change Mountain height to 0
You may need to change Water level if your map appears to be all water (the map preview window will be all blue)

Done :)