News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Pakset advice

Started by rfg123, June 26, 2016, 01:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfg123

It has been quite some time since I posted here, unfortunately. Recently I have been going through my old files. Turns out, I have a large volume (about 4GB+ worth) of graphics from a long ago attempt at some kind of pak64 overhaul. It was shared on the old forum (which I can't seem to get to??) after the project died. It looks like a good portion may also be from OpenTTD sources, but I am not sure.

I would like to start putting these objects into use.. My issue is this - I want to find a way to maintain the pak64 image size (as not to re-paint everything from scratch) but allow much more space on the individual tiles to achieve a more realistic overall appearance, and accurate scaling with respect to roads.

I have seen the pak96.hh set which seems to be close to what I am going for.. What would be the process/difficulty of a similar project with 64 scale over 128 tiles? Is it even feasible?

Essentially I am trying to put together a new pakset with a goal of some sort of historical set, but would like to establish a realistic approach before any of the work starts.

kierongreen

You will have to increase vehicle lengths which might result in graphics clipping errors.