News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

'SMOK -industry_smoke'

Started by jap train fan, July 28, 2010, 07:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jap train fan

where can i get this file
'SMOK -industry_smoke' ??? ???

vilvoh

It's included by default in almost all paksets. What do you need that file for? do you want to modify it?

You can get it at the SVN: http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/simutrans/pak64/other/

smoke.dat and ls-smoke.png files.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

mobo

In pak64 AFAIK. At least there were industries with smoke once.

You should state which pakset you're talking about.

It's rather unlikely someone made industry smoke as an add on, so if the release of the pakset you play doesn't contain industry smoke, then most probably there is none.

jap train fan

i'm playing pak 128 britian i've just downloaded some japanese addons about an hour ago and i need the 'SMOK -industry_smoke' addon to make the things work

vilvoh

jap train fan

thanks vilvoh
um whats all this

Obj=smoke
Name=Steam
Image[0]=smoke.0.0
Image[1]=smoke.0.1
Image[2]=smoke.0.2
Image[3]=smoke.0.3
Image[4]=smoke.0.4
-----------------------
Obj=smoke
Name=Diesel
Image[0]=smoke.1.0
Image[1]=smoke.1.1
Image[2]=smoke.1.2
Image[3]=smoke.1.3
Image[4]=smoke.1.4
-----------------------
Obj=smoke
Name=Industry_Smoke
Image[0]=smoke.0.0
--------------------
Obj=smoke
Name=Industry_Fire
Image[0]=smoke.2.0
Image[1]=smoke.2.1
--------------------
#Obj=smoke
#Name=Jet
#Image[0]=smoke.3.0
#Image[1]=smoke.3.1
#Image[2]=smoke.3.2
#Image[3]=smoke.3.3
#Image[4]=smoke.3.4
--------------------

and its not included in the original pakset

vilvoh

All smoke objects are included in the same dat file. The one you were looking for is Industry_Smoke

Obj=smoke
Name=Industry_Smoke
Image[0]=smoke.0.0

jap train fan

so how to i put that in the game

vilvoh

You must compile a pak file from the dat and png files, using makeobj. Check this tutorial. If you use Windows, you can also create the pak file with Pakhelper (tutorial)

jap train fan

thanks vilvoh
and how do you get these logos under your post like the spanish simutrans player one. i really want one of those

edit: i may need some help in this ( making the 'SMOK -industry_smoke') i may need the png and dat files

mobo

Hm, but i guess this industry smoke is already in the release.

Maybe you just need to copy the file and rename it. The pak file from this dat is "smoke.Industry_Smoke.pak", so if simutrans tells you you need "SMOK-industry_smoke", then you maybe just need to rename it to "smoke.SMOK-industry_smoke.pak". But also keep the original or you'll get an error message again.

jap train fan

what do you think it is called

mobo

I Know that:

• the dat file you've posted in your 3rd post will result in a pak file named "smoke.Industry_Smoke.pak"
  • only the part between"smoke." and ".pak" can actually change

I dont know how you came to "SMOK..." but i guess you received an error message when you startet simutrans.
Apparently the error message doesn't display the full file name but only the middle part - the name of the pak.

So you can try to rename the smoke you have to the one that's needed and mentioned in the error message. Which means you rename "smoke.Industry_Smoke.pak" to "smoke.SMOK -industry_smoke.pak".

Or you use the addons with the pak they're made for. Japanese add ons are likely for pak128japan.

Or you just copy the whole pak128japan in your pak128britain folder.

It's ok and "legal" to mix different paksets of the same size, but pleae be aware, that the prices may not fit to each other, and that you can't expect support for problems that may occur, though you already got some. But if this still doesn't help you, then you have to play the "safe way" with paksets and add ons that fit together.

jap train fan

VS

I think SMOK could be the internal "type mark" used in pak files... they are always 4-letter. If you "dump" with makeobj, you can see these. That would mean it doesn't have to be part of the name. On the other hand it makes little sense to see it like that in an error message...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jap train fan

jap train fan

can somebody help me create the smok pak
i can't seem to do it
tried everything

Spike

Quote from: mobo on July 29, 2010, 09:10:55 AM
So you can try to rename the smoke you have to the one that's needed and mentioned in the error message. Which means you rename "smoke.Industry_Smoke.pak" to "smoke.SMOK -industry_smoke.pak".

This doesn't help. Simutrans doesn't really care about the filename (as long as it ends with .pak) but reads the internal data. And the "industry_smoke" identifier is in the pak data. Renaming the file won't change that.

@Jap Train Fan: I'd assume that the source of your other pak files which require the smoke pak, also should offer the matching smoke. Recreating it by yourself is most likely bound to fail since you don't know what the original creator had in mind, what parameters it has and how it's supposed to look. Better try to get in contact with the creators of the PAKs which require this smoke, and ask them for advice.

jap train fan

can someone please help me get the indusrty smok
can't play it
tried to contact some people failed