News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[devel-new-2 b6ce446] Crash immediately after loading

Started by Rollmaterial, December 05, 2016, 09:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

jamespetts

Thank you for the report, which I think that I have fixed now. Would you be able to re-test? I should be grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Can you upload a screenshot of the error that you get?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Rollmaterial

jamespetts

I am a little confused: I was able to reproduce the out of bounds crash, which was not immediate, and I have fixed that. I combined your two bug reports together because you refer to them arising out of the same saved game file - has there been a misunderstanding? Did you mean to refer to a different saved game file for the immediate crash? I do not get an immediate crash when loading your saved game, but I am working from a slightly updated version of the code which I am currently testing for desyncs.

Rollmaterial

jamespetts

In which case, I am more confused - how is it possible for the game to crash immediately after loading without an error message and then later crash with an error message?

Also, does it crash to the desktop, or merely freeze?

Rollmaterial

The out of bounds crash was for a previous commit. In the current one, it crashes almost immediately with the Windows crash message.

jamespetts

That is rather odd - I cannot reproduce that with my current codebase; but, as I indicated, I am undertaking intensive work at present on finding some very difficult to track down desync bugs, and so my codebase is not quite the same as the current head on Github.

Rollmaterial

The crash appears not to be bound to that particular saved game. It also occurs with Ves' latest build. Can anyone test whether it also occurs on their installation with the same build?

Rollmaterial

The crash doesn't seem to occur in the latest commit.

jamespetts