News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Bridge gliches

Started by fam621, January 22, 2017, 03:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fam621

I am getting sicker and sicker of this now James. Infact this time bridges below 96 km/h are placed with the motorway (115 km/h) road.

Ves

You might be able to give some  more details? Are the ways on top of bridges downgraded to a lower speed limit (ie, a 155km/h road is 'upgraded' to a 96km/h road)?

fam621

Ves

Quote from: fam621 on January 22, 2017, 05:04:22 PM
Its road bridges BTW
You already said that :) :
Quote from: fam621 on January 22, 2017, 03:32:16 PM
... placed with the motorway (115 km/h) road.

However, if that matters or not, I dont know, but I still think you need to produce some more information, if James should have a tiny chance of looking into it.

Also:
Quote from: fam621 on January 22, 2017, 03:32:16 PM
I am getting sicker and sicker of this now James
Is not very nice to say. I dont recall that you have mentioned this before, so how is James supposed to know that this is a problem? Please, if you have a problem with the software, just state that there is an issue and how to reproduce the problem, instead of complaining how bad things are.
After all, this forum is supposed to encourage people with constructive and positive comments, not demotivate people by negative comments :)

jamespetts

I have only just noticed this thread, as my e-mail notifications seem to work only intermittently, for some reason.

Do you mean that when you place a bridge with a maximum speed of 96km/h, the road on top of the bridge is motorway? If so, then all that you need to do to prevent this is select a different road type from the road tools menu first. Bridges and tunnels are now built with the last way selected to enable players to choose what sorts of ways are built on and in their tunnels and bridges. This is intended. Without this, players might waste money by placing a bridge or tunnel and immediately have to replace the way (road, track, etc.) on that bridge or in that tunnel with a different one.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

fam621

Have you updated the devel new builds to allow for that change yet? :)

jamespetts

I am not the one who distributes the executables, so I am not sure; however, I made this change a few weeks ago, so I think that this will have been in the latest builds by now.

Do you find that this behaviour does not in fact occur for you? If so, it would help me to know the revision number (the new version number system recently added) of the version that you are using, or, if you cannot find that, the build date.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.