News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Vehicles unload cargo at the wrong stop

Started by accord2, February 05, 2017, 07:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

Also, some vehicles are unloading their cargo at the wrong stop.
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

jamespetts

I have split this from the other topic as this appears to be an unrelated bug. Is this reproducible in the saved game from the other topic? If so, which particular convoys are affected at which particular stops?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I think this may be related to the routing issues that I encounter on the test server game. Cargo (and pax as well) takes insane detours, probably due to temporary blockages or congestions skewing the round trip measurements.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

accord2

Quote from: jamespetts on February 05, 2017, 10:44:21 PM
I have split this from the other topic as this appears to be an unrelated bug. Is this reproducible in the saved game from the other topic? If so, which particular convoys are affected at which particular stops?
Yes, the problem affects the woodchip routes from Chipping to the paper factory at Trunkshore. Another route with the same problem is the books route from St. Peter Pelton Bookbinder to Conbourne.

Vladki

Can you check if the waiting cargo is routed correctly? Look at the station and switch to destination detail or via. Also check if there are alternative routes with more hops. Like chips routed via coal mine as they are both bulk cargo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

Quote from: accord2 on February 06, 2017, 06:53:42 PM
Yes, the problem affects the woodchip routes from Chipping to the paper factory at Trunkshore. Another route with the same problem is the books route from St. Peter Pelton Bookbinder to Conbourne.

Can you elaborate on what the problem is - where do you think that the cargo should be unloaded and where is it actually unloaded?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

The cargo (books) should be unloaded at Conbourne Parish Stop, but is being unloaded at several stops during the way there, like Camberdale Prize Den Lane Stop, Low Petere Parish Hall Stop and Beaport Varley Parish Hall Stop. I hope this helps :)