News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Passenger trains do not obey min/max load time

Started by Vladki, April 30, 2017, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hi, I have noticed a problem with loading times. Trains load almost instantly even though I have specified loading time 0:30 - 3:00. At first I thought it may be because pak128.CS uses bits_per_month=21 and show_month=4, but after comparing with pak.britain I found that it may be a bug with passenger rail cars. Because buses have noticeable progress of loading even though it is only 4 seconds, while trains load immediately while the loading time is much 0:12 - 0:43. Cargo trains and trucks seem to wait for load for appropriate time. You can check it in this save game: http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/one-train-staff.sve

jamespetts

May I ask which specific trains show this issue in that saved game? When I set up a saved game from scratch to test the issue, I was not able to reproduce it.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on April 30, 2017, 03:17:07 PM
May I ask which specific trains show this issue in that saved game? When I set up a saved game from scratch to test the issue, I was not able to reproduce it.
It is the (68) BR Class 121 DMU. It does not do that every time, though. If you forward to 3:30 it will approach Selpice and load in an instant. But before that it will stop at Trnava Predmestie, and load for 10 seconds. The other DMU (20) seems to behave correctly. If you check the pak128.CS savegame (http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/trnava.sve), you'll see that all trains (un)load instantly, eve the cargo train.

jamespetts

I looked at the Trvana saved game, but could not reproduce the behaviour that you describe of all trains loading/unloading instantly, although I found one instance of a train doing this. Have you updated the saved game since you last uploaded it for a bug report here? And do you mean that literally every train at every single non-reversing stop as a zero second loading/unloading time?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

I have noticed that it does not happen every time. I'm not really sure when it happens. Current hypothesis is, that it depends on, whether the train stops at the end of platform (immediate loading), or in the middle (normal loading). Umm, just as I write it I saw that this is not 100% reproducible either, but at leas a good chance to see the behavior.

E.g. the long express train (12) and cargo train (6) always loads immediately
I think it should be possible to see with any of the pakCS saves.

jamespetts

I should note that lines 12 and 6 in the Trvana save are not good tests, as they have no non-reversing stops: when trains reverse, they take into account the reversing time such that if the reversing time is greater than the loading time, the loading time will be entirely subsumed into reversing.

Is there a place where you can reproduce this reliably with a non-reversing stop?

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on April 30, 2017, 09:10:15 PM
Is there a place where you can reproduce this reliably with a non-reversing stop?
I have managed to catch one: http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/
Watch the train (10) stopping at Selpice. Note that according to schedule it should stop at the tile opposite the station building, but for some weird reason it goes up to the end of platform.

jamespetts

That gives me a directory of saved games; may I ask to which you are referring?

Vladki

sorry, a miss click... I meant trnava.sve

I think I know how to reliably replicate. Use this save http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/trnava.sve
Check the schedule of line (2) -
Notice, that all stops in one direction are market as reversing stops. And indeed those are where the trains do not wait for load.
I dont't know why thay are marked as reversing - maybe the reverse schedule option was enabled by mistake at some time in past.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I think that I can see at least part of the issue here: when the train is marked as reversing, it deducts the reversing time from the loading time. These trains have a shorter loading time than reversing time, so the loading time becomes zero; but the trains are incorrectly marked as reversing so do not in fact reverse.

The real bug is that incorrect marking of reversing times. Do you happen to be able to isolate the circumstances in which incorrect reversing points get put into a schedule in the first place?

Vladki

I'm not sure, but I might have had enabled the mirror schedule option by mistake, or reverse route for some individual convoys.
The question is - how do I clear the wrong reversal points? Do I have to clear the schedule and build it a fresh.

jamespetts

They should clear by themselves - are they not doing this?

Vladki

I shall let the gane run for a while to see

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Vladki

I had let the game running without any interference for at least 2 (real-time) hours (no -fast forward), and the false reversals are still in the schedule.

Vladki

I confirm that opening and editing the line schedule removes all reversal marks, which are properly recreated when vehicles visit the reversal stations.

jamespetts