News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

All info in signal window

Started by Ves, September 05, 2016, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

Im not home over the weekend, but i might have it ready Monday or Tuesday night.
So, fam, to clarify, that means that James can pull my stuff, then it will be in the nightly AFTER all that is done. So hopefully Wednesday or Thursday, or maybe as late as Friday :)

Ves

What is the difference between "maintenance" and "base maintenance"? I assume one of those (or both) are the monthly cost?

jamespetts

Base maintenance is the monthly cost before adjusting for scale, so just use "maintenance".
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

Thanks! I managed to get it working and get the value to correspond with the value specified in the tooltip display.

Translations should be done too, and everything is online at https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/commits/signal-in-infowindow-2

A picture of some of the windows:

hmm.. maybe put the "direction" part of the signs window a line down?

Another thing comes to my mind: How should the capital letters be used? I can see that I hace done differently at every translation pass, so it says "Max. Speed", "Min. speed", "Choose Signal", "Choose sign" and all that looks clogged up. How would the proper way to use the english capitals?

jamespetts

I suggest having at least two further line breaks in that otherwise somewhat large block of text. A very useful set of information, however!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

I edited my post while you posted your post. What do you think of the capital letter issue?

QuoteAnother thing comes to my mind: How should the capital letters be used? I can see that I hace done differently at every translation pass, so it says "Max. Speed", "Min. speed", "Choose Signal", "Choose sign" and all that looks clogged up. How would the proper way to use the english capitals?

jamespetts

I think that the capitalisation that you have so far is correct, except that words after the colon (such as "East" and "Danger" do not need to start with a capital - but do not worry about this if this would mean defining translations for "danger" and "Danger" separately if it needs to start with a capital elsewhere), and the word "Signal" in "Choose signal" need not have a capital "s".

Ves

Ok, I have changed some of the capital letters to lowercase letters, and I think this info window is ready for shipment to the Extended trunk.

One thought I had for a future upgrade to the window, is to show which train is currently reserving the signal when it is not at Danger. Basicly it would be the same information as is currently shown in the way information window, and it should then be shown underneath the signalbox information. Reasons would be, again, to easier present to the player what is actually happening on the map, and minimize the number of clicks and manual calculations that the player have to perform.

I am however reluctant to include it at the moment, since I struggle witht the ::draw part of the code, which I think is needed to get the button appear and disappear properly.
What would you think of such an addition?

You can, however, pull from https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/signal-in-infowindow-2 in the meantime to get the latest sign-windows and translations  ;D

jamespetts

An earlier version has been, but I shall integrate this again with the latest code when I have finished finding/fixing a bug reported by Junna in another thread.

Edit: I think that the Github repository has become corrupted somehow: the latest commit message is:

Delete ãˆ½â°¸å¬ ç•³ãµ¢â°°æ˜ æ...¬ãµ§ã€°ã€°ã€°ã€°âãµ°â°°æ,, æ'¤ãµ²ã¨ºæ™¦æ™¦ã,,ºã ¹ã,,®ã€°ã,,®ãœ´ãˆ®ã"±

and it purports to alter a non-existent file containing a long string of garbled characters. Would you be able to look into this?

Ves

Very strange. I did, however, alter the file in the online github, so that might be it?
I have pulled it down to my local version and pushed it again, would you mind try again?

jamespetts

That does look better - I will test it when I have a chance.

Edit: Actually, I do not think that this is right: I get merge conflicts when I try to merge this into the master branch, and it looks as though this is now at a much older version. Can you check again?

Ves

fam621

Ves, has it been put into the nightly pakset yet?

Ves

It won't come to any pak sets nightly builds, but if James has time to incorporate it today (and I have not made any more mistakes), it should be in the simutrans extended nightlies of tomorrow :-)

jamespetts

fam621

Is it available now? :)

jamespetts

I incorporated it just before I posted the message, so it should be in to-morrow's nightly build.

fam621

It has not been incorporated. I downloaded the latest nightly and it has not been added.

jamespetts

Which specific features do you think are missing? I have just checked, and it is incorporated so far as I can tell.

fam621

Its the features from Ves's picture from a previous post.

jamespetts

Which specific ones? I cannot find any missing.

fam621

The maintenance costs, the way speed and the maximum distance.

jamespetts

Those features are all present in the version that I just downloaded. You might want to check that you are downloading from the correct place and that you really are  using the one that you just downloaded rather than an earlier version.

fam621

I am downloading it from your Bridgewater Brunel site.

jamespetts

As I wrote, I tested the version from the Bridgewater-Brunel website and the new features are in place, so you have either not downloaded from the right place or are not actually running what you think that you are running.

Ves

I just downloaded nightly, and it appears to work properly! :)

fam621

James, could I have your version please via a download link if possible.

Ves

This is the one you should download:
http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/nightly/windows/Simutrans-Extended.exe
That link should in fact always work at any time to get the latest windows nightly if Im not mistaken.

fam621

Thank you so much Ves, it works!

jamespetts

May I ask what link that you were using that was giving you an incorrect version and where you found that link? I shall have to remove it in order not to confuse others in the future.

fam621

jamespetts

You wrote that you downloaded the incorrect version from the Bridgewater-Brunel site. May I ask where on that site that you found an incorrect version? I ask so that I can remove it to stop this from happening again.

fam621

jamespetts

That makes no sense - I was asking for where on that site that you found the incorrect link, so responding with the name of the whole site does not assist. Which specific link did you follow that gave you the wrong version?