News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Pak128 version 1.99 alpha (preview release)

Started by VS, April 20, 2011, 08:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hello!
Open-sourcing the set is finally finished. To show that we are not dead, here is a preview release. Vehicles are somewhat unbalanced, so do not consider this a "stable" in that sense.

DOWNLOAD pak128 1.99.0-alpha (25 MB) for Simutrans 110.0.1

Thanks to everyone who helped, this release brings these changes:

• Removed countless objects for which license agreement was not obtained - mostly vehicles
  • Farm products split to bulk foodstuffs and piece goods (wool, cotton)
  • Lots of new rail vehicles from Zeno - "Duck" EMU & DMU series, wagons for for fluids, bulk foodstuffs and liquid food, locomotives...
  • New, consistent and more complete ship set from Zeno
  • Many additional planes from Zeno
  • Some new station extensions (more authors)
  • Many other bugfixes and improvements

There are too many drastic changes since 1.4.6, so you should treat this release as incompatible with everything earlier (except recent nightlies). The compatibility pack (old!) will not help you at all - unless you are missing only some factories.

For those who wish to play with a little more balanced set, previous release is probably better, viz release announcement of 1.4.6. Remember that it is not compatible with 1.99 and newer, though! You will have to finish your games with that version. Also, don't merge pakset folders, you will likely get only large useless folder of many files.

You can also get the sources, from which this release was generated - an 81 MB zip. Besides this, the subversion repository is at http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/simutrans/pak128

Nightly releases will be generated every week, as always, although they might be unavailable for some time right now. (Because of migration between servers.)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

PS:
If no one opposes to, I will add support for their matching timeline trailers to the following trucks (add constraints):

• mja-Zil 130
  • mja-Volvo F88
  • maj-MAN 19332
At the moment, these trucks can only pull container and bulk trailers.

Václav

So ... is this version newer than last nightly?

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Zeno

TheUniqueTiger

Any idea when the stable version is going to be released? Its more than one month after the alpha.

Zeno

There have been some changes to grounds and trees recently but there are some things to be adjusted yet. And there's few feedback on this version. Anyway, it might change to beta status soon.

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Zeno

Quote from: VS on May 29, 2011, 12:06:54 PM
Buy me some bottled or canned time ;)
And let me know if you get a good price!  ;D

Beder

Excuse me, but what's exactly the difference between the Pak 128 1.99 alpha and the OpenPak128 517 on the simutrans-nightly pages?

Vonjo

The one in simutrans nightly page include the latest changes. It maybe still unstable or buggy or even unplayable. It is changed frequently. Use it at your own risk. So yes, nightlies is newer than this alpha release.

About changes, you can find it at http://svnlogs.simutrans.com . It still broken at the moment for pak128.

Newby20

is this new release complied all addons from the previews version? or we need to download every addons?