The International Simutrans Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Pak128 Add-ons and Graphics / Re: new trailers and paintings for pak128
« Last post by Leartin on Today at 09:46:56 AM »
I find your Objekts good ! what i not good find that you make it only for you OK
But he does make them for everyone, that's why he shares them. This is a gift.
Nothing to report at the moment - I've been spending my free time on other things.
WIth the current running Castle Class and GWR carriages there is no disyncro at all.

After changing the stock for A4 and LNER carriages with very low price > disyncro after over 2hours.

Also, if there's a way to disable all the 'no route' message boxes that'll be very nice as it's difficult to work with with everything popping up.

Pak128 Add-ons and Graphics / Re: new trailers and paintings for pak128
« Last post by Lauscher on Yesterday at 11:58:15 PM »
I find your Objekts good ! what i not good find that you make it only for you OK
Simutrans Extended Development / Re: Crashing on load
« Last post by jamespetts on Yesterday at 11:23:06 PM »
Thank you very much for that: that is most helpful. I think that I have now found and fixed this, and I should be grateful if you could re-test.

The problem was that, when the company was liquidated, ways with no mothballed equivalent (here, the elevated ways) were removed, in this instance, with parts of a convoy still on them. When they were built over again, a cleanup routine was called that deleted the individual vehicles in the convoy meaning that, when the convoy tried to refer to those vehicles, it crashed because it was trying to read memory that had been released.

To fix this, two changes were made: firstly, liquidated companies no longer remove ways for which there are no mothballed equivalents: they are degraded instead. Secondly, the vehicles are no longer removed when the cleanup routine is called, which prevents the crashes in existing saved games.
What I used to do in standard (and experimental early on) was stop locals at special platforms with a 1/xx wait for load time, to make it dwell longer at the station by just a little bit, to increase chances of it being overtaken if an express was running after it, but this is a bit of a bother to set up in experimental currently from my experience, because using timetabling and waiting easily results in waiting too long; it would be useful if instead, some easier way to just add a little bit of additional dwell time was possible.
« Last post by Junna on Yesterday at 07:55:07 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mys97xcslw6v9w6/sessx4-1x2.sve/file
Go to Canal Mouth, which has now been removed by the liquidation, and rebuild the tracks as any company;

Using a elevated viaduct section for the two tile gap, and bridges for the others;
 saving the game after this is done, will result in a broken, corrupted save-game, and if the game runs, it will crash in a short time.
EDIT: It seems related to the invisible viaduct sections over part of the canal that did not disappear when liquidated, though they are not visible. Building viaduct over them and deleting this seems to correct the crashing.
« Last post by jamespetts on Yesterday at 07:51:09 PM »
Splendid, thank you.
« Last post by Junna on Yesterday at 07:09:20 PM »
That is indeed the message. I had another save from just prior, but it seems I accidentally overwrote it... I'm sure I was able to load that before without that message... I'll have to see if I can get it to reproduce now from an earlier save.
Any updates otherwise?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10