News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Simutrans crash with Steam

Started by imthekiller, June 28, 2017, 12:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imthekiller

i use steam edition of simutrans on windows i start the game the steam pre-loader runs perfectly but i touch play button and the games poen and crash, i load the game in safe mode but the game crash at the second of start running.
i use the "no steam" edition and the game goes perfect, but i want to use workshop...

help me please

prissi

Steam edition force OpenGL, which crashes on systems without a dedicated graphics card. At least none of the five computers I own runs the steam version. I changed the code to make it run if OpenGL is not working, but that change was rejected for steam.

So use the normal version. The steam version should have nothing, that is not also availabe without steam (apart for running from steam of course).

An_dz

Actually the Steam version has the Steam overlay and cloud saves, so it has two different things, or at least I think it has.

prissi

Sorry, maybe. But I could not test it since it does not start on any of my computers. Could you point is the steam source code for the patches? I will have a look then.

An_dz

Hum, no. But I've sent HaydenRead a PM.

Also, I've split this as it has nothing to do with the original topic.

HaydenRead

The Steam version of the code is simply using the 'SDL2' build path of Simutrans with the 'F12' key (default Steam Screenshot Key) disabled from bringing up Keyboard help (F12 key can still be mapped to other functions).

In regards to the Preloader code which downloads items from the Workshop, and handles the syncing of Saved Games, the code is currently in a broken state (as I was trying to get it working on Mac), I will get it back into a working state and make it available.

prissi

But SDL2 build works and steam crashes on my laptops.

Ters

Does anybody have any more information about the crash beyond the fact that it does? I don't have steam, but maybe I can figure something from memory dumps or similar.