News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Crash when starting the game

Started by zook2, December 04, 2017, 09:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

(nightly build from Friday, I think. 81082ce. Nothing modified, except Autosave is on)

I just started the game and saw the little start-game map of Christminster Central. A few sounds were played, but after a few seconds one effect got stuck, as in: the sound effect didn't stop. The game did, though. Not sure which effect it was, it sounds hollow, like Miles Davis blowing into an empty Pringles tube. The game froze, 0% CPU.

Started again, same effect, same crash. Sorry, it's not much to go on...

edit: it crashed a third time, with the same map, but I moved the view area to a different spot. Didn't hear that effect this time. But while I was setting parameters for a new map, it crashed.

I tried again, it loaded a different start-game map, and all is well now.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. The symptoms described (freezing with 0% CPU usage) are consistent with a thread deadlock. These types of bugs are exceedingly hard to find and fix, and appear very inconsistently.

If you can track down with any more precision the circumstances in which these arise, I should be very grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.