News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Bug - Passengers dont board reassigned classes in some occasions

Started by Ves, December 13, 2017, 11:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

I kniw this has been raised before here in the forums, however, I do belive it has been inside som other thread as I could not find a sole thread about this isue.
Anyway, in case no one else got to capture it, I got it captured. How to trigger:

* Open this savegame: https://github.com/VictorErik/saved-games/raw/master/master/Bug%20-%20Automatically%20reset%20classes.sve (Its the same as in the other thread)
* Due to the "classes not remembered when saving" -bug raised in the other thread, you have to reassign some classes:
* Open the depot window, inside there will be 20 convoys, note their schedule (43) Line
* Open the Line management, find the above mentioned schedule (43) Line, and open the line class manager. Reassign the "medium" to "high"
* Go back to the depot and verify that the classes has changed to "high", and then press "Start" 20 times, so all convoys depart from the depot.
* Now take a look on the station "Shrewdean Corner dock" and sort the passengers in some of the "- via" views (eg "wealth (via)")
* Soon passenger will start pop up wanting to go to "Aylpool Stop" and "Aylpool Harbour"
* Watch as the convoys refuse to board these poor passengers....

zook2

It's this thread:
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=17604.0

And it doesn't require reassigning classes - I've never done that in my game. But I see this bug on all my vehicles having more than one class.

Ves

Ok thanks, In my case, I had to reassign the classes for it to happen

jamespetts

Ves - I think that I have fixed this. I should be grateful if you could re-test.

Zook2 - the bug that I fixed was definitely specific to reassigned classes. If you are able to reproduce reliably a problem whereby passengers will not board vehicles with more than one class in some cases, I should be grateful if you could post a separate bug report with a saved game in which this issue can be reproduced reliably.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.