News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Very low class passengers at stops with no very low class passenger service

Started by Jando, January 04, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

I'm not sure whether this is a bug, a strange behaviour or even perhaps intended, but it's possible that passengers of a certain class can show-up (and even overcrowd) a stop/station that offers no travel service for that class.

Easily observable in situations where very low class passengers show up at stops with no travel service for very low class passengers. I have a saved game where this can be observed in case it's needed.

jamespetts

I should be grateful if you could upload the saved game. One possibility is that the passengers are using the "on foot" connexions to other stations, and are, in effect, just passing through your station on foot. If they are waiting, that might be an error, and I will need the saved game to look into that; but I will not be able to do that until I get home next week.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Yep, it's with stops that are within walking distance from each other. Can frequently be seen with routes going from city hall to football ground, rugby pitch or steel mill, i.e. from high density low-class housing to visitor locations.

I'm aware that people show up as transferring at the stops when no transport service exists. If any service exists however, no matter whether for the correct classes or not, they show up in the stop as waiting and are counted as passengers waiting in the stop list as well.

Screenshot here: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/9G56q9U5HX2f0en
Saved game here: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/661Dro6RdnLpPya

That line in the screenshot is set to carry low class passengers, yet very low class passengers are waiting at stops.

jamespetts

I think that I have identified what causes this: it seems to occur when there is a walking connexion between stops for passengers of a lower class and a player transport connexion between those same stops for passengers of a higher class.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any way of solving this that will not negatively affect performance. I note that the lower class passengers soon go on their way correctly and do not register excessive waiting times at the stops, so this does not seem to be a high priority issue in any event.

Thank you for the report, however.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.