News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Crash with AI players: index out of bounds

Started by sander3991, January 05, 2018, 04:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sander3991

Hello everyone!

I started a game on a 512x512 map in year 1750. I added 2 AI players and when the game was unpaused after a while it crashed with an error shown in the attached picture. It seems that the error occurs when AI players are trying to build something.

This happened on each load. Without AI players the game on the same map works normally.

Saved game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cc6dh-tD6-9ssmOyeHMvFNpLNupBjRzV/view?usp=sharing

Milko

Hello

I think correct section for this post is "Simutrans extended Devolopment" here only solved bug.

Giuseppe

sander3991

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: apologies that you are having trouble. I have now moved your topic to the correct subforum. I am currently away from home without access to my normal coding machine, but I will look at this when I get home next week.

However, the AI in Simutrans is extremely basic, and it has not been updated for Simutrans-Extended at all; I generally recommend a multi-player online game instead if you want to play on a map with other transport companies; humans are much more interesting than a basic AI.

Welcome to the forums, incidentally!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sander3991

Hello, James!

Thank you for attention!

I forgot to mention the game version I'm using (if that matters): Simutrans 120.2.1 Extended, build 13.0 #a3d5028.

And I'll try a multi-player game. Indeed it's going to be much more interesting. Though I already enjoy the game. Thank you for your job!

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I think that I have now fixed this - I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

sander3991

Thank you, James!

I'll do a test and give a response if the problem is solved.