News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Bug: vanishing train in server game, upon 'rerouting' after broken line fixed

Started by AP, January 15, 2018, 09:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Twice this evening, on the Canterbury server, the game has kicked me out whilst I was interacting with a newly built rail line "Wilcaster Flyer". I can rejoin as the game has carried on running, only when I've gone back in, the Line I made is still in the Lines menu, yet the single train I had operating on it, has vanished.  I know the train existed because the line is not white, and in the depot are some vehicles I purchased in error whilst buying it.

In both instances, the train had reached a station and was unable to proceed due to a tiny unnoticed break in the track, which I fixed, then a few seconds later it crashed. Presumably when it retried to find a route, and succeeded.

I don't have a save for it but Asaphxiix might, the timestamp would be around 21:34 GMT.

I thought I should report the weirdness in any case.

jamespetts

This is consistent with the server crashing (it restarts automatically after a maximum of 2 minutes after crashing/stopping). I have just fixed a bug that might cause crashes in these circumstances. I should be grateful if you could confirm whether this is fixed with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.