News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

token block signals

Started by Vladki, February 05, 2017, 07:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hi, I have noticed a weird blockage in the bridgewater brunel game at (1208,2302) - a tioken block signal that does not allow a train to enter a free block

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing old bug reports and I notice that this one appears to have no reported resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

I have seen this still recently. An example can be found in the save game I sent you about the absolute block video, where a train is waiting in eternity at a token block signal. I am not home until tomorrow and I don't remember the name of the station, but I wrote in the text a small note about the bug.

jamespetts

I cannot find the note: are you referring to this text?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Well, it does behave a little bit different than before:

The train passes the token block semaphore, but after stopping at Merton Wintergardens (no signals) it reverts to drive by sight, and leaves a few tiles of reservation behind.  This forgotten reservation is blocking the train in opposite direction, until the first train departs from Mitcham Junction, when it somehow clears the forgotten reservation.

Similar situation can be seen in http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/t-signal-deadlock.sve
at olofstrom external station - the train turns to drive by sight upon reversal.

jamespetts

Can I check whether this can still be reproduced after the most recent signalling fixes? I did fix an issue relating to token block signalling. Please note that token block signalling does not work in the same way as one train staff signalling (as it appears as though it was intended to work in the Swedish saved game that I used to fix the other signalling problems), and cannot be used on an unsignalled dead-end (but there is no reason to use it thus: just use the one train staff cabinets instead). For terminating sections in token block, you will need to signal entry to the platforms using absolute block signals, and exit from the platforms using token block signals.

Ves

Aha, I did not know that token block could not be used when reserving and that was exactly the way they where used! Is it intentional?

jamespetts

Yes - you still need starter signals with the token block system. The token block system is in essence the absolute block system with an additional mechanism overlaid to prevent clashes on single track lines.

Vladki

Tested on an older copy of bridgewater brunel game and the issue is still present. It turns to drive by sight when departing from unsignalled stop, when it should stay in token block mode. Partial improvement is that reservations are cleared correctly.

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on March 12, 2017, 10:34:51 PM
Tested on an older copy of bridgewater brunel game and the issue is still present. It turns to drive by sight when departing from unsignalled stop, when it should stay in token block mode. Partial improvement is that reservations are cleared correctly.

Do you mean a reversing or a non-reversing unsignalled stop?

Vladki

Non reversing

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

jamespetts

I think that this was fixed with the other fixes from earlier to-day; would you be able to re-test?

Vladki

No, this is not fixed. This behavior seems to be a bit inconsistent. Sometimes the whole line is unreserved, sometimes only the path back up to nearest bend. Also it seems to depend on direction of the train/rotation of map.

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which this can now reliably be reproduced?

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on April 08, 2017, 06:29:08 PM
Can you upload a saved game in which this can now reliably be reproduced?

http://server.exp.simutrans.com/debug-saves/client5-network.sve

Look at the track between Merton and Mitcham (1212,2305)

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this Would you be able to re-test?

Vladki

This particular problem seems to be fixed - track is reserved correctly until the whole train passes the signal.
But I have noticed another bug - the token block signal shows clear when the track is occupied. I have updated the savegame on the link above (client5....). I suspect that it may be due to the combined absolute block signal at the platform in wimbledon (hidden by the bridge.)

jamespetts

Can you be more specific about the time at which this occurs - also, are you referring to the signal at 689, 1208?

Vladki

yes that's the signal I mean. It happens immediately when you load the game.  Shortly after loading, one train approaches that signal and the signal reverts from clear to danger. You can then repeat the situation, when the other train passes and reverses at wimbledon - just send it back immediately without waiting for schedule.

jamespetts

I think that I might now have fixed this; would you be able to re-test? I should be most grateful.

Vladki

This seems to be fixed. Thank you