News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Infowindow Bug

Started by Taurus, February 04, 2016, 04:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taurus

On some occasions I cannot open any Info windows in Simutrans. Info windows like train infos, etc. Unable to reproduce it willingly. I tried deleting the simuconf, did not help.

Dwachs

This can happen if a lot of warning windows ('stop xy is full' etc) are open.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Taurus

It never happened when I had a lot of windows open. I usually just happens when I start the game and then I cant open anything.

Dwachs

Is the 'New World' window open? Is the welcome screen 'This is version ..' open? Then you cannot do much besides clicking into those windows.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Taurus

No, it autoloads the latest savegame automatic. I know that I cannot open any other windows if any of the two mentioned windows are open. I can still build/demolish but not open any windows like the depot window or any vehicle window.

Taurus

It keeps happening again and again. Currently my only solution is to wait until it is working again.

Ters

Quote from: Taurus on March 07, 2016, 09:22:10 PM
It keeps happening again and again. Currently my only solution is to wait until it is working again.

Since nobody seems to know what is happening, that may be until the end of time. You haven't provided much information about how you get this error, and no information about what you get this error on. We need information about Simutrans version, pak sets, any add-ons and operating system in order to figure out what might be going on.

prissi

Try hitting backspace after reloading. You may have lots of windows visible outside your screen (should not happen, but ... ) which may display "No route". Backspace will delete them.

But can you do any other action within that time, like deleting a road? If not, simutrans is just trying to catch up with everything else.

Taurus

I can do anything else like building/destroying. Backspace does not help. The bug is on every map, even the starting map. What is there to catch up?

prissi

Nobody has this problem. So maybe try a nightly or use SDL instead of GDI. Maybe even update you display driver, since some driver are broken for 16 bit internal support. Without anybody else having this error, it is hard to do anything about.

Ters

Since Simutrans does all rendering on a simple pixel array, neither GDI nor SDL, let alone the display driver should notice any difference between windows and the map. I would first try a complete reinstallation of Simutrans. It is important then to delete or rename settings.xml, which is by default stored in the user directory.

Furthermore, you have not given us the information we have requested.

Taurus

Quote from: Ters on March 28, 2016, 08:13:14 AM
Since Simutrans does all rendering on a simple pixel array, neither GDI nor SDL, let alone the display driver should notice any difference between windows and the map. I would first try a complete reinstallation of Simutrans. It is important then to delete or rename settings.xml, which is by default stored in the user directory.

Furthermore, you have not given us the information we have requested.
Thanks for the tips. Sorry for the lack of information.
Simutrans Version: 120.1.2 r7720
Pakset: pak192.comic with addons.
Cause: unkown. It just happens randomly. So far I have been unable to reproduce it out of my own will.