News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

relation between inhabitants and passengers

Started by Vladki, August 06, 2013, 08:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

Hello,

I wonder how does the passenger generation work with respect to simu-inhabitants. I play pak128.britain standard (latest stable) and the demo game - now I am in the year 1993 and the world has 330000 inhabitants, but I have a some seriously overcrowded rail stations, the worst with 317000 waiting passengers, and two other at cca 160000 thousand and one 100000 passenger. So I have more 2-3 times more traveling people than there are inhabitants in the world. Interesting isn't it?

Vladki

greenling

Hello Vladki
what's for pak128.britain version have you?
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

Ters

Simutrans doesn't track where inhabitants of houses/cities are, so if it takes too long for people to reach their destinations, they may embark on a new journey while statistically still not finished with their former journey.

Vladki

greenling: I play simutrans 112.3 (r6520) pak128.Britain 1.14

jamespetts

Although written with modifications to Experimental in mind, my post here (especially the first post) documents how the number of passengers and reported population is calibrated in Simutrans (including Standard).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.