News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Savegame crashes a few seconds after loading.

Started by AP, July 22, 2012, 08:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Hi All

I have a game which I've been playing a while, going well. Recently I saved it, at the end of a session, but whenever I reload the game, it crashes after playing for 5 or 6 seconds.

Am using Simurans Ex 111.0 r10.11 and Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.8.3

The file is 7mb, I have a 7mb recent autosave which doesn't exhibit the same behaviour. Can email either/both if required.

Not sure if this is of interest or not. For my part i can just revert to the autosave, but the fact that the savegame runs, then crashes, makes me think it might be of interest.

jamespetts

Thank you for posting it - it is potentially of interest. Can you upload the file to http://files.simutrans-germany.com?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AP

Having trouble uploading... do I need to register seperately for that site?

jamespetts

Thank you for the report and the saved game - this is now fixed on the -devel branch.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

AP

Cool. Is it something that will recur at this point in the game again, if I revert to an earlier save?

jamespetts

If I have understood the problem correctly, it is unlikely to recur: it seems to be caused by deleting a station then deleting the ground tile on which it was situated before a convoy that has departed from that station has deposited all the passengers/goods that were picked up from that station at their destination.

AP

Well that's good to know. Glad it's fixed, cheers James.  :)

AP

Hmm. The bug is recurring when I use a slightly earlier autosave, and  resume gameplay and city editing (which does include deleting bus stops etc...). Is this because the bug is in the code for the game itself, until I update to the next release of experimental?

jamespetts

AP,

yes, the bug is in the code, which will be fixed in the next release.