News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Missing DLL file

Started by AvG, May 24, 2010, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvG

Hi James,
Downed and installed Exp8.0  Using Windows XP
When trying to run it I get the message MSVCR100.dll can not be found.
Where to find this?
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

AvG,

I have split this topic since this is not strictly related to the obtainment of Simutrans-Experimental. I thought that you already had Simutrans-Experimental installed? 8.0 shouldn't have different dependencies compared to 7.3. You could try downloading this package and seeing whether that helps.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

AvG

James,
I have indeed Exp7.3 and Exp6.6 installed on my PC with Windows XP.
I downloaded "this"-link and executed the installer from the download-folder.
Got a lot of .dll's but no MSVCR100.dll
Exp8.0 still gives the same error of the missing MSVCR100.dll
Did also a search on the whole PC and on my second PC without any result.
What happens on your PC when you do the same? Maybe it is part of your dev-environment.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

jamespetts

AvG,

hmm. It's odd that this occurs with this version but not previous versions - perhaps it's the inclusion of some STL things for the first time. The file can be downloaded here. I shall have to add the file to the .zip files for release in due course. Thank you for pointing that out - let me know whether downloading the file works for you.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

R-T

Hi,

Quote from: jamespetts on May 24, 2010, 09:24:56 PM
AvG,

hmm. It's odd that this occurs with this version but not previous versions - perhaps it's the inclusion of some STL things for the first time. The file can be downloaded here. I shall have to add the file to the .zip files for release in due course. Thank you for pointing that out - let me know whether downloading the file works for you.

Thanks - this solves (by me) the problem.
But it is not a ideal solution to DL a dll from an "not simutrans related" site .....
Hint -> better statical link the dll with the exe.
And -> i have put the dll only in the simutrans directory.No other prg. need it and i am
not trust 100% "the" site ...

Regards
R-T

jamespetts

R-T,

I have now re-uploaded the simutrans-experimental.zip file, which contains the Windows binaries, such that it also contains the .dll file. How would one statically link that particular DLL? I don't think that Microsoft make the source code available, so I don't think that that's possible.

AvG

James,
Downloaded the .dll and put it in the Exp8.0-folder next to the .exe-file.
Seems to be OK now.
Thank you.
AvG
Ad van Gerwen

R-T

Hi,

Quote from: jamespetts on May 25, 2010, 06:41:16 AM
R-T,

I have now re-uploaded the simutrans-experimental.zip file, which contains the Windows binaries, such that it also contains the .dll file. How would one statically link that particular DLL? I don't think that Microsoft make the source code available, so I don't think that that's possible.

have only read on the Microsoft VisualBasic site that relates to the missing dll (found the site over search for the dll on Google ..) it is a bad idea to distribute the dll files seperate and a better idea to link the dll with the exe ...
So it musst be an solution to link the funktions in the dll to an exe file ...

Regards
R-T

jamespetts

Quote from: R-T on May 26, 2010, 01:01:15 AM
Hi,

have only read on the Microsoft VisualBasic site that relates to the missing dll (found the site over search for the dll on Google ..) it is a bad idea to distribute the dll files seperate and a better idea to link the dll with the exe ...
So it musst be an solution to link the funktions in the dll to an exe file ...

Regards
R-T

Do you have any idea how to do it?