News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Passenger network using trains and buses: buses making no profit?

Started by jorrit, October 24, 2008, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorrit

Hi all,

After making a big commercial train network first (i.e. delivering goods) I got sufficient money to start with a passenger network. I made one big train circuit and in every connected city (which is basically all cities on my map) a bus network from the station to one or more spots in the city (including the city hall). On big cities I used maximum four buses on every line. On very small cities I used only one bus. Whenever possible I also made the bus lines visit several of the adjacent factories. The two trains that run on the big train circuit are making massive amounts of money so that is working out very well. However none of my buses is making any profit at all. I suppose that they make indirect profit because they get more passengers to the train stations in every city but is it normal that the buses themselves don't have any profit? The end result is good though. I'm getting lots of money every year (last year I earned 606056 euro).

Greetings,

Spike

Pricing, costs and income depend heavily on the PAK that you are playing. So to get good answers it will be helpful to tell us which PAK you are using? I'm pretty sure that pak.Hajo Evolution allows profitable bus routes, but I'm almost as sure that you don't play it ;)

I don't know much about the other PAK sets, though, so I cannot help you much there  :-\

jorrit

I'm playing nightly build of simutrans 100.1-2070 with pak128 (version 179).

Greetings,

prissi

Bus profit in pak128 is severly screwed. I provided a better speedbonus.tab (or rather the correct one) but still somehow prices are too high, especially compared with trains. Better play another pak to solve this :(

VS

^ Exactly. If you want to play 128 - really play, not merely try - then either wait for its next release, or try something older...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jorrit

Quote from: VS on October 24, 2008, 02:25:42 PM
^ Exactly. If you want to play 128 - really play, not merely try - then either wait for its next release, or try something older...

Well I'm making very good profit globally (the trains). At this moment I have 1454000 euro and I started with 300000. So I'm pretty happy and having fun.

Greetings,