News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[r26bdfa9] Factory bug with storage and production

Started by River, July 14, 2017, 09:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

River

i'm using the brittian-ex map pak.

my coalmine stopped supping good to the coal power station while it still had demand. while investigating i found out that the factory was showing plenty of coal in the main screen (972), but when i looked at the graph it only showed a stored amount of 4. at the same time production was 0. images of the graphs are attached.

*edit* something stopped the train from loading while the power station was empty. if i send the train halve loaded to the powerstation the train fills up again full but after 1-2 runs it has the same problem again.

save game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/79shrtyv4tgttr7/experimental%20game.sve?dl=1

Jando

Greetings, River!

It's a known bug, I'm sure James will deal with it when he finds the time for it. Currently all storage graphs of all industries are wrong, the numbers stated above the graph are correct though. Also: the other graphs about delivery and production are correct. I'm sure the coal mine in your case stopped production because the connected power station has no demand currently.

River

That was the first thing i checked but the power station is empty, see the attached image

Jando

Ah, River, you have a train at the coal mine waiting for full load, that are 208 tons of coal in your case. The power station however only demands 160 tons of coal, thus the train will never depart. I'd suggest specifying a max. waiting time for the train, so that it can depart after a certain time without full load.

River

has this changed in extended (compared to standard) and how? isn't the demand ajusted upward if nothing has arrived yet? i'm far from the max in transit.

isn't the first number the amount in the powerstation, the 2th the amount inroute and 3th between brackets the maximum in transit.

Jando

Quote from: River on July 14, 2017, 12:48:13 PM
has this changed in extended (compared to standard) and how? isn't the demand ajusted upward if nothing has arrived yet? i'm far from the max in transit.

isn't the first number the amount in the powerstation, the 2th the amount inroute and 3th between brackets the maximum in transit.

Aye, first number before the slash is amount currently in stock at industry, 2nd number after the first slash is amount in transit (in your case the 160 tons on the train). As to the 3rd number between brackets I don't know what it stands for :), 4th number is a "maximum" amount to be ordered I believe, but I have seen industries demanding more than that as well as industries never demanding as much.

Needs a more experienced person than me to give more details, sorry.

jamespetts

I have just pushed a fix to the master branch which I believe should address this issue. Would anyone be able to re-test with to-morrow's nightly to confirm whether this is fixed? Thank you for the report.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.