News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Next overhead electrifications

Started by Václav, November 25, 2012, 07:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

... but before I will paint next factories (mostly open coal mine and historical version of textile factory) I am going to paint next overhead electrifications.

For the first time their number will be two - one of trams (with speed 100 km/h) and one for trains (with speed at least 120 km/h - but setting of higher speed is allowed).

Their painting would be quite fast. The first of them will be for tram track.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

Nice, another variant will give more freedom to player.

Václav

The first is almost finished.

Parts are prepared - and now being placed on sheet. Only menu icon and building preview should be changed - additionally. Current ones (made mostly for purposes of testing) are really terrible.

Tram track electrification completed - and here (the same place like before) is full image source archive.

In attachment is dat file - but I have to correct size.

Now really finished. Here is image source archive.
Download orders as often.
Dat file is attached.

But I cannot find why it is not appearing in game.

I am in year 1969 (electrification's intro year is 1960 - and without retire year). All is set in accordance with tram electricifation as I found it on pak128's SVN. Image size is right. Coordinates of all tile too.

So, after test I decided to change it - to expand pillar construction because it is too narrow and somewhere it does not give wanted results. And may be that I will change colour too - into player colour.

Corrected - and graphics changed a little (full crossings changed, pillar construction is a little more massive, own pillars are grey, top part is in player colour). Behind link above is new source - currently also with dat file.

And in attachment you can find one-file archive with playable file.

Object name: TramElectriciation_100
Intro year: 1960
Top speed: 100 km/h
Build cost: 100
Maintenance cost: 8

Václav

And train electrification for speed 120 km/h is ready for using. You can download playable file from attachment.

Also you can download
full source of final version of tram electrification
and
full source of train electrification for speed 120 km/h

Download orders for these two files - as often.

And I decided to prepare also electrification for speed 450 km/h. But it will not be for using in tunnels - because pillar construction will be too high.

And quite fast after annoucement of creation, you can download electrification for speed 450 km/h. In attachment is playable file, behind following link is full source archive.

Download orders for source archive as often.

Here are base info about train electrifications:

Object name: TrainElectrification_120
Intro year: 1960 (my be changed, of course)
Top speed: 120 km/h
Build cost: 120
Maintenance cost: 9,6

Object name: TrainElectrification_450
Intro year: 1990 (based on most of electric locomotives and units faster than 120 km/h has intro year after this)
Top speed: 450 km/h
Build cost: 450
Maintenance cost: 36

Václav

Here is last overhead electrification for trains - for speed 200 km/h.

In attachment you can find dat and png - but they are available also on SVN.

Object name has a name of different style. Instead common word electrification is used word trolleys that mean overhead electrification.

On SVN you can also find older electrifications - renamed to the same style. So, if you would like to use them instead those old ones (even if they are technically the same), you have two ways:

1. delete old files and copy new files - and re-electrify tracks as fast as possible, because electric train will not move (this is simplier)
2. copy new files, re-electrify - and delete old files

Object name: Rail_Trolleys_200
Intro year: 1975
Top speed: 200 km/h
Build cost: 200
Maintenance cost: 16

Václav

New version of overhead electrification for trams ready on SVN.

Pillars got new shape. Trolley wire was improved to new shape of tram cars. Whole construction is a bit lower and so it fits to tunnels.

There are also tiles for half-height in PNG sheet - but they are not included into dat.