News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

How to take goods from a factory and put them into a warehouse?

Started by MrabEzreb, June 14, 2015, 10:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrabEzreb

So, here is the basic layout of what I want to do (not the actual situation):

The actual situation is that I have a timber plantation, an oil pump, a paper mill, a chemical mill, a printing works, and a book shop that are all very close together.
I want to use trucks to transport the goods between them, however, the paper mill is a bit further away than the rest of the buildings, and I already have trains running it.
I want to make a train that gets paper from the paper mill and puts it into a warehouse, and then I want to get the paper out of the warehouse using a truck.
I need one of two questions answered:
1) is it possible to add the warehouse as a consumer to the paper mill (and as a supplier for the printing works)?
2) is there a better way of moving goods from a train to a truck?
Thanks in advance!
-Mrab Ezreb

Václav

I am worried about that it is not possible - because Simutrans is not designed for transportation of goods via warehouses. This is possible only in Transport Giant - in higher difficulties.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

MrabEzreb

So there is no way to move goods from a train to a truck?

Also, what are warehouses for if you can't put anything in them?

Ters

Warehouses work, but they are neither consumers nor suppliers, just temporary storage space. The setup in the image you posted will work (even without the warehouse as long as the truck stop and platform are still joined somehow) once you complete the road to somewhere suitable and get some vehicles running.

For what you describe in text: The printing press will order paper from the paper mill. The paper mill will put paper on your station connected to it, with a destination address for the printing press, but to be routed via the other station. The train takes the paper to the other station (with attached truck stops) where it unloads (warehouse or not). Trucks will then pick up the paper and take it to the truck stops near the printing press. Both the train line and the truck line must be set up and connected before anything happens.