News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Proposal: clear messages in the message centre

Started by jbode, September 04, 2008, 08:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbode

I have a Simutrans game running the entire day. There are a lot of messages piling up - once in while to be checked for need of interaction ... It would be nice to have the option of clearing that list when a check had been performed.

Thanks!

Jörg

wipi35

Saving and reloading the game, isn't that an option?  ::)

Colin

Quote from: jbode on September 04, 2008, 08:37:45 AM
I have a Simutrans game running the entire day. There are a lot of messages piling up - once in while to be checked for need of interaction ... It would be nice to have the option of clearing that list when a check had been performed.

Thanks!
Jörg

Not sure I quite understand this one but heres a guess. You can turn off all unwanted messages in the Mail Box, see icon on tool bar. The best way to receive messages is just a notification on screen. then you can just delete it after solving the problem. IE 'Vehicle can't find a route'
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Ormac

Open Message Centre

Go to Options and toggle appropriate message types (eg industry, City, AI, Problems, No Route) to either scroll along bottom of screen left most option or to close automatically after a short period middle option

Saving and Reloading the game will clear the message centre history

Ormac 8)
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com

vilvoh

Would be difficult to implement a filter for the Message center, just to show the messages you want? (in addition to the way the messages are shown)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

prissi

Go on, it is open source ... no need to ask me for everything ;)

Colin

Quote from: prissi on September 04, 2008, 02:55:00 PM
Go on, it is open source ... no need to ask me for everything ;)

Well there were three repetitive answers so the message (no pun intended) may be received.

You keep up your good work Prissi, you know you are appreciated.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

jbode

Thanks for your comments. That's right saving and reloading clears that message list. For my thinking that is a little massive workaround. I believe in prissi's great work that reloading is not struggling with memory garbage any more, so this option is a valid one.

Still I would like a "clear messages" button ;)

Jörg